New Twitter about TL-Servers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

2. G.Black Active Member

But still no key features aka 'options' and launch time :(
  3. Naroc Active Member

All stuff we already know about that has been advertised since initial announcement. :(
  4. Nuada Active Member

I need the Claim doll to shrink... make it too a QUEST PLEASE OR in the Marketplace !!!

i Move now 6 years "shrink" without the movement looks **** for me

this is only a optical thing please make it in the game at Start
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

It may depend upon how many people voted for appearance-only items in the cash shop.

We can infer that there will indeed be some sort of cash shop because the newest Twitter TL announcement mentions a "Limited Marketplace." So I'd venture to guess that appearance items, being non-Pay-to-Win, will at least be in there anyway. Now they've just got to port the doll into the shop for you.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am still confused, is Beta for all members only? orrr
  7. Fetish Well-Known Member

I think I remember Kander saying that, unless something changed (and I don't think it did), both the Beta and release version of the TL servers would require all access.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

I remember people saying Kander said it, and another dev saying that might not be true.

/shrugs
    I mean it makes no sense to require it for a beta, betas are all about people helping fix content before it hits live
  9. Hyiero Active Member

It will be like EQ shop, Appearance and Xp boosts and Krono, can pretty much guarentee it. Maybe some bags or something

And beta is for members only
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea cause when I asked I wanted an answer from a nobody, that builds my confidence in the answer.
  11. Hyiero Active Member

Yes but they want to limit it to players that really want to participate in live. I'm only assuming they are going to be doing polls during beta and they don't want them swayed etc. Plus it generates them revenue from the gate.
    Siren likes this.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

you are even more confused in this than the devs.
    opening something to the public = more people = more people to resub for it live.
    how does locking beta to a select few increase the players that want to partake in it in life? the logic.

polls don't get swayed from free accounts? unless you mean people just create 50 accounts to try and sway a poll. the logic there even
  13. Hyiero Active Member

[IMG]
    Rhodris and Siren like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

It says right at the top of the twitter I posted in my OP: Members Only, a.k.a. the gold subscription,

then further down it says: Requires Membership, a.k.a. the gold sub.
  15. Hyiero Active Member

Going from your above comment of a nobody when someone is just trying to inform you because you are 2 lazy to go look for yourself gives me no reason to want to fuel your troll flames. Have a good day.
    Spindle and Siren like this.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

they say that on the eq2 homepage for the normal eq2. it doesn't have any bearing over Beta. Kanders screenshot post does, however
  17. Iadien Active Member

Siren likes this.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

Probably put it on Twitter so Smed would see it.
    Siren, Pixistik and Fetish like this.
  19. Spelzguk New Member

Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker 56m
    56 minutes ago
    @Xaan@Cyliena@everquestii We want our committed experts on Beta helping us test if at all possible. We aren't expecting a long Beta period

This worries me...:(....sounds like "wham bam...this is close (not really) to what everyone wants so enjoy!"
    I mean lets get it done right...I am willing to sub for beta and help fuel the hotfixes to get this the way we want it and I am sure I am not the only one. I was expecting a couple months of beta tbh
  20. Milambers Active Member

The confusion is understandable as a previous red name post suggested a subscription was required for the true server launch but not for beta.