New Tradeskill Window

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Disappointed face up there for this:

Got it from the Game Update Notes, even though we can't comment on it (probably just as well...). Of all the new stuff that was added to the Recipes, why the heck couldn't they have added something like, "Ability Search"?? Um, newsflash, folks; if we're Handcrafting or Mastercrafting something, be it armor, jewelry, weapons, etc., the characters wearing them either need to be X0th or X2nd level to wear it, like 10/12, 20/22, etc. "Adventure Level" is pretty useless, but being able to wade through all the various weapons my 'Smith can make to find just the INT or AGI based ones, now, that would be something. "Usable by" is NOT the same thing, since many weapons can be used by many classes, but with the emphasis on only one Ability (STA doesn't count for this, imho), why would a Scout, for example, want to waste time and resources swinging around a weapon that adds to STR but not AGI (I looked, to see if that was "fixed"; nope, still only AGI and STA "count" for a Scout)? If I have a customer that wants a good Scout weapon, it'll take a heck of a lot of time to wade through all the various possibilities. Give us Ability Search and I'll think better of it; plus, it's only 4 entries to choose from (INT, WIS, STR, AGI), instead of Levels 1-95...my bad, 1-100. :-/

Also, the Hide/Unhide doesn't necessarily help with this; you still have to wade through, Examining each and every single recipe (made slower now by the effort of avoiding the "Hide Recipe" button), to find the ones you want to Hide. If you could save the Hides like we can the Defaults, that'd be one thing: Hide all the weapons that don't have AGI, for example, and save what's left as Scout Weapons. That way, you'd just have to set it up once for that, once for INT weapons, once for WIS, you get the idea.

And why would we need to care about the 10 most recently crafted recipes, other than to remind us how much repetition there is in the crafting writs? :-/

Uwk
    suka, VeilShard and Indigo23 like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hear you....I had posted a picture of a new tradeskill window that takes into search features available through broker but nobody really responded...

[IMG]

Would also love to be able to create a filter and move it up or down in the list once it is created but that is just being ocd. Oh here is the description of fields I had provided as well...

For Category field, this could be a drop down list or a text field but would love the ability to mark a filter with a category such as Apprentice, Elite Apprentice, Holiday, etc. Want the ability then to sort the filter drop down on the main recipe window to either sort alpha or by category then alpha. I have had to redo all my filters a few times so that the filters appear in a certain order since new crafting stuff gets added like Elite Apprentices.

For Item Name field, this would let you type in a word so that only lets say items with the word "Expert" in their name would appear in list.

For Min Level and Max Level fields, this would be the level of the item crafted not the level of the actual recipe.

For Recipe Level field, this would remain like current field on crafting filter so you can select 1 or more levels.

For Item Type field, this would contain the current broker Item Type field list with the following changes:
    * Remove: Bauble, Collectible, Lore, Miscellaneous, Book, Recipe Book.
    * Add: Depot, Harvest, Holiday, Wormhole (depot for new personal depots coming with next update)

For Slot field, this would contain the current broker Slot field list.

For Special field, this would contain the current broker Special field list.

For Knowledge field, this would contain the current crafting filter Knowledge list but put into a drop down list to save on scrolling.

For Tier field, this would contain the current broker Tier field list but with "Quest" added. This way we can only see recipes that make something that is for a quest update items.

For Usable By field, this would contain the current broker Class field list but with Adorner and Tinkerer added. This will give ability to find tools used by crafters or crafting stations, etc. (Want Adorner and Tinkerer added to broker Class field as well).

For Recipe Book field, this would contain list of scribed recipes just as the current crafting filter.

Commission Window
    I would love to see a check box for charging Fuel Costs. This way if a customer will automatically get charged the price fuel would cost if they were buying from a fuel merchant. I have customers all the time that cannot tip but want to cover the fuel and I really hate having to look up on my cheat sheets to see how much that tier of fuel costs and calculate total.

Crafting Window
    Want to see the drop down list for quantity changed to be a quantity scroll bar like if we were trying to drag a quantity from a stack of items...that way we can pick between 1 and 100 or 1 and 10 (if have the new gloves but not aa spec). I frequently need like 6 items or 12, etc.
    Feldon, SierraDawn, Finora and 4 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Where had you posted this before, here? Or on the Test Server stuff? It's sad, but I think the Test Server forums might have gotten more official attention...on the other hand, it's hard to say what will do it... :-/

I wish the current "improvements" HAD been tried on the Test Server beforehand; I certainly don't remember seeing anything like it on Test, though I've heard about it...probably wasn't any longer than a week, if that, and very low-key (don't recall it being announced or suggested on the Test Server forum for us to try out, for example), but rest assured, I think if more crafters knew about it beforehand, they'd be getting an earful in feedback. :-/

The "old" (like, last week) crafting system wasn't terribly "broken," at least not to the point where adding the Special drop-down menu from the Broker wouldn't've gone a long way toward fixing (though I do like the rest of your suggestions! ;->). The official "improvements" don't really fix anything that needed it. I'd be happier if the Hides could be saved, thus getting a more specific set of filters than the Defaults (which only deal with the entire recipe book(s)), but as it is now, all it gets is a resounding "meh" from me. :-/

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

Changed title to make it easier for others to join in the conversation. ;) Also, moving to tradeskill area.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There was another thread started by one of the team members before that. It's possible they started working with the feedback from that first.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, not sure about that; if they were interested in the customers' chiming in, they would've included the Search by Stat sort of thing. Ocarinah and I certainly weren't the only ones that wanted that. :-/

Uwk
  8. Luperza Community Manager

We definitely want your opinions. New features come in phases as we can't make all the adjustments at once sometimes, so it's not to say that the things you saw recently are the only ones you'll see.

Please continue to provide us with more information on why you don't/do like the new changes and what additional edits you'd like to see in the future.
  9. High Elf Active Member

One thing I would like to see is to be able to set the default sorting order for when you open a crafting window.
    For example, be able to set the default sort to show the level 95 items at the top instead of having to click on "level" to sort them about 50 times per day to find the recipes I want at the top.
  10. High Elf Active Member

I'm having some problems with the new crafting window since the game update Thursday.

I have an elaborate workbench in my house. When I open a crafting window it sometimes opens up to Default: Woodworking Table. Not always but sometimes. Sometimes it also opens up to unfiltered which is fine.

Also, if I click edit and change any selections it creates another Default: Work Bench in the dropdown list, and I now have 3 of them in there (all selections cleared in edit) with no way to delete any of them. I'm afraid to edit them any more for fear that it may create more new ones. It's like bunnies having babies.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

I completely missed your original post.

That set up would be incredibly useful.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm having issues with duplicating filters as well. I had a filter that got duplicated & when I attempted to delete the duplicate, another filter was deleted instead (I definately had the duplicate highlighted, not the one that was deleted). Upon attempting to delete it again resulted in more filters (not the duplicate) being deleted. I can't even begin to speculate why this is happening. It's the default crafting window though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and High Elf like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

More on this, I figured I'd just delete all my filters and start from scratch but it still won't delete that duplicate.

On top of that whenever I try to create a new filter, it is named Default & it doesn't matter if I type in a new name to change it, it remains Default in the filter window. No filters or changes to existing filters I actually save at all.

The only things that seem to be working are the new features added. All the old filter functionality is broken. I'd rather NOT have the new things than have the old filtering broken.
  14. Endymion Developer

Hey all,
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm looking into some of the issues reported with the new window. I've already made some fixes to the filter situation and I think I also found the issue with not being able to delete filters properly. Sorry for the issues. ><
    Sambril, Charlice, Finora and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AMEN to that last! :-/

Uwk
    who also had to kill duplicates...times were, when you changed something to one saved bunch of Default: filters on one character, it changed them for all the others on that particular account, which could be a pain, could be useful, but it's not doing that any more, apparently, and I've had to break out the Duplicate Swatter on all of my Gold characters... X-P
  16. Endymion Developer

Filters are indeed shared across all characters (it's just one field in your EQ2 folder), there's just some unfortunate buginess with saving that will be resolved soon.
  17. High Elf Active Member

Seems to be working better now. I can delete things though it still deletes the wrong one at times. But, it's not a big problem. I can just go into edit and it will make another filter.

One thing it is doing is when I walk up to a certain crafting table it will show the wrong filter name but always has the correct items listed. For example, I go to a forge and it has the stove and keg filter, but all the items showing are forge items.

Also, it now made a Default: Elaborate work bench filter which is nice. Not sure if it ever did that before but I don't think so. So, it's getting better with time.
  18. Encori Active Member

As mentioned several times in the other thread, most filters should not be shared across all characters. We do need to share a few filters across multiple characters; however most recipe filters are class specific and are completely useless to other characters that don't have that artisan class. They should have the option to be restricted to a character (or at least an artisan class).
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Filter sharing was very useful when we got the Cobalt Scar quest series. Let's not forget the fact that people have multiple tinkerers and adorners. I think the filter sharing might be more useful now than it was before. If you're looking to gear up a character at a particular level, it would be helpful to just jump to the same filter for gearing up a particular class in a particular level range. I'd rather they keep things the way they are and not create an individualized system.
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

TBH, you should be able to create a filter that allows you to choose the skillset specific to each class, then name each filter for the appropriate class, then note that it is General (so that you can add others as you level for that class, but are more designed toward giving you a limited set of choices - such as creating one specifically for a given level range's rush orders in the appropriate class). For example, if you want to have all the recipes for your Woodworker, you could choose Fletching (which is specific to Woodworker) plus Geocraft, Woodcraft, Binding, and Thaumaturgy (which are shared among all classes and levels), then title that filter as Woodworker - General. Then all you would need to do (after creating a similar filter for each of the crafting classes that you have) is switch filters when you log on a different crafter.

As far as I know you aren't limited in the number of filters that you can create.