New to Wands...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This may have been answered elsewhere in this forum a number of times; forgive me if I couldn't find it in a Search, but it could very well be I was looking under the wrong categories (it's happened ;->). My question is this:

What chuckle-headed idiot dev decided to make most Wands below level 90 into one-handed melee weapons? Ronald Weasley ("Stop! Stop! Stop --" /crack "My wand...")? :mad:

Sorry, but when I think "wand," I think of a small, thin stick of wood (or whatever) that you'd use to zap something at a distance. Imagine my shock and dismay when, after using way too many pieces of rare wood below level 90 to make my casters what I thought were Ranged category wands, only to find way too late that apparently, I didn't read the label on the item with Examine Product beforehand. X-P

Please tell me that our Research Apprentices can come up with recipes for REAL Wands below Godzilla level? :-/

Uwk
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

They were called 'wands' well before spell-ranged auto-attack was even twinkle in the devs eyes :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! So, it's just new to me... ;->

Still. Wands are for range, "like cubes are for hugs" (-- Lera). :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.