New to the Ranger Class, Have some ?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Delarm131, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Delarm131 Guest

I made a Ranger about maybe 2 and a half weeks ago and just hit 80 a few min ago. I have some Questions.

1.) Is there something special I should be doing to Maximize my DPS? (Example should I wait certain time between CAs?)
    2.) Are Rangers really as bad as I read on the forums in endgame?
    3.) Would Be Friend Animal help while leveling from 80-90?
    4.) I plan on working on my Epic soon, for now what is a good delay for my Bow. I was thinking same as Epic?
  2. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

It used to be that you would want to macro ranged on every melee ca and stay in the sweet spot (~5m behind the mob). That is no longer true.
    Get right on top the mob for your melee CA's and to make sure you are close enough for melee AutoAttack, then out for your ranged CA's and Ranged attack (the 20% bonus is no longer range defined) then back on top of the mob for another melee round.
    Cast and cancel FA.
    Start with debuffs and melee when able that should give the tank time for control then back out and run through your ranged CA's.
    Do not interrupt melee or ranged autoattack with any ca's.
    This has all changed as ranged autoattack no longer out parses melee autoattack with equivalent weapons. My Fabled melee dual wields autoattack now generate more dps than my Mythical bow autoattack! Go figure.
    This may have changed as I have not played since the released SF.
  3. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

1 - yes, dont delay auto attacks, it'll cost you dps
    2 - yes, it really is that bad. As far as I know, there are only maybe 4 rangers who are raiding with any regularity in guilds getting anything done on my server.
    3 - The animal charm is worthless, dont bother
    4 - Unless you can manage to get in on some pug/guild raids on mayong or VP and a nice bow drops, just go mc long bow until you get the epic quest done, delay should be 7-9 secs before haste.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kulaf Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Kulanae@Blackburrow wrote:
    I guess it all depends on what the OP means and what you mean as great. If you mean a casual raid force with casual players and some hardcore players, then yes rangers will do "fine".
    If you mean guilds that are clearing tier appropriate content and have a set schedule with a relatively set raid force, then no rangers are not fine.
    All perspective i guess.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

We're not bad. Everyone else is just better.