New to Necro - Healing Pet?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Faelos, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

So I started an Iksar Necro last night. I was thinking of betraying and becoming a conjuror (rather than betray and be a permanent exile), but I read that Mage Pets heal?
    I hear that they dont heal for much, but that its a group heal and adds up.

Now I threebox, and trying out three necros. Mobs go down really fast, though I am thinking the dots arent getting their full use because of this.
    But hearing about this healing bit makes me wonder what three Mage pets would do.
    Three more nukers?
    Would three Mages healing mean something?
    Do the pets heal when group members need it? Say if a member of the group drops below a certain percent of life, or just randomly?

Comments appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mal
  2. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Its a lifetap not a heal, they do an attack which damages the opponent and heals everyone in the group for a small amount.

Id never suggest all 3 with mage pet id go 1 tank 1 scout one mage to get the best of all pets.
  3. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

I dont think I would be able to manage three different types of pets. I guess I'll check out them all and see what works best for me. Three scouts should be able to kill stuff pretty quick, so they shouldnt be taking much damage.
    How good of taunters are the tank pets? Maybe one tank pet and a couple scouts.

Mal
  4. ARCHIVED-Stath Guest

what difference does it make what type of pets you are using, you don't control them you just send them in to attack and they do everything for you.
  5. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

The pets do the work for you. No need to micro control them.

Necros have more all around healing, too. They lifetap, can heal others (including pet), have a pet heal, and the mage pets heal themselves and the group, too. Plus you get nifties like rez and feign death, etc.

Conjurors get.... Plane Shift.

Well, I'm sure they get something else, too.
  6. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Is anything else necessary?
  7. ARCHIVED-Faelos Guest

Thanks guys. I guess I was just thinking I would need to use backoff for mage to keep him nuking. Backoff for scout if the tank isnt holding aggro. If the tank can hold aggro from a couple scouts, or a couple mages, then I think Im golden.

BTW, is 'Illusion of death' the feign death spell lines?

Thanks,
    Mal
    Message Edited by Faelos on 07-13-2006 06:25 AM
    Message Edited by Faelos on 07-13-2006 09:22 AM