New to game, New to Monk, need advice on build

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Thadow, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Thadow Guest

Hello everyone,

I am really happy to be here, I always looked at EQ2 but never gave it a chance. My online experience goes back to Ultima Online release so I did play many. For medical reason (health issues) I mostly have to solo, pills I take (Lyrica) also known as Dumb pill, makes me an anchor while in groups so, since I love MMORPG but being slowed and dumbed down by medication, my best option is solo.

I have made a Fae Monk and I got a message that I had a Character Trait to select (lvl 8). What should I pick ? Same for AA, what should I look/select for solo PvE (PvP is out of reach for me now sadly :( ) ?

Thanx alot for the help !
    Thadow
  2. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

I would choose Crit Chance, Double Attack, Strength, HP, and physical mitigation over most other racial traits.
    Once you hit level 10, set your AA slider to around 50% so you will be getting a decent amount of AA as you level. Although you will be leveling a little slower.
    At some point (after level 10), go see your achievement counselor (there's one in the red portal in the SQ mage tower). Hail him/her and say yes, and they will give you a free respec card good for 5 uses. I believe she used to hand out one for both class (brawler) and subclass (monk) trees.
    Work on the Brawler AA tree first. For strictly solo, I would recommend getting Chi, otherwise I would advise against it. I would just go with dps AAs for the rest. (10 points in every ability on the 2nd row, i.e. the +double attack one, the ability reuse one, Mantis Bolt, Crane Twirl, and the critical chance one).
    The monk tree should come next. Get all the dps AAs along the way (the entire right and middle lines). You probably want to get the Mend enhancer. Also work your way down the tree to Tsunami and Outward Calm enhancers. The right side of the Monk tree, you can mostly ignore until you have spare AA to get at the dragon fire enhancer.
    By the time you get to the shadows tree, you should have a pretty good feel for what will help you most. The one that reduces damage taken is helpful. All the dps ones are a must (i.e. increase base damage and/or critical damage of CAs). The mend reuse one on the bottom is extremely helpful for soloing. As is the stone stance enhancer, as it takes away the root/stifle on that buff on the 5th point.
    At some point after this, you will have access to the bottom row (SF) AAs on brawler and monk tabs. By this time, it should become obvious as to which AAs will benefit you most.
    Don't stress over Shadow and SF AA decisions right now, as you have plenty of time to get used to the playstyle and then you will have a better understanding of what you should do. And remember that you can always respec your AAs at the Achievement Counselor if you don't like them. The price goes up each time (free, 1g, 10g, 1p, then 10p thereafter), but it is still always available to do. The respec price also goes back down after a month or so of not respec'ing. You also get free respecs when they make changes and when there are new expansions. Use your free respecs wisely.
    Have fun!
  3. ARCHIVED-2Swole21 Guest

When i lvl a new alt, i go hardcore AA, moving my slider to 90-99%. No need to power lvl to 90 and only have 60 AA. You would not benefit the group at all, or yourself.