New to EQ2 and Mystic - need help

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Beachwolf, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Beachwolf Guest

I am new to EQ2 and have been working on a mystic. I have been able to level him up to the 60's, mostly grouping with a friend who plays a Wizard, so I do a lot of warding and healing. I find that when I need to solo or fight, it takes forever to kill anything. I have AAs in Agility to get Tribal Rage, as well as getting all the Melee CAs in the Mystic tree. I still find that I can't kill things very fast, and run through all my CAs and spells and then have nothing to cast and the mob is still not dead. I realize that I am not a killing machine, but it seems it should be faster than this.
    I also have a problem with dogdog pulling aggro on everything. Even if I set him on just follow me and do not protect me or himself. So much so, that I have stopped using him. Now mobs that are beating on my wizard friend will abandon him to come attack me. He should be squishy-er than me, no? What do I need to do to reduce my threat?
    I know these are noob questions, but I poured through the postings and just didn't see answers to these questions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

couple things to start. 1) it's spells or CAs. Don't use both unless you are forced to be ranged for certain parts (only use CAs). 2) Get a 2 handed weapon with a decent delay (5 to 6s) 3) Time your auto attacks. They will do more damage than your CAs if you execute properly. 4) don't stop using the dog. he does a lot of extra dps and if he pulls aggro u need to figure out how to do more dps. 5) if your dps is low, check your stats. maxing your crit chance and wis at your level will yield you good results. auto attack is your friend. be sure to time them, and get an auto attack timer / UI mod if necessary (eq2interface.com) gl.
  3. ARCHIVED-Beachwolf Guest

Thanks for the tips.
    I have downloaded the auto attack timer and am practicing with that. It is making a difference, but still learning how to time the attacks.
    I am now at level 76. what should my crit chance and wisdom be?
    with regard to the dog, I had previously been sending him in first. So now I am starting the fight and then telling him to attack. is that the recommended approach?
    Thanks again for the advice...
  4. ARCHIVED-quakeroatmeal4 Guest

it will be easier to maintain aggro if you start off, so yes it is better (slightly) if you hit first. You may want to macro your dogs attack command (/pet attack) to your CAs to reduce number of clicks. Also when you are soloing, hit the mob, send pet, and then move to the other side of the mob so your dog is behind. this will prevent him from taking damage if you have the STR (dog ae avoid). I don't know what your crit chance should be at 76. There aren't a lot of "shoulds" for less than end-game. Continue to max crit chance, WIS, crit bonus (if it exists at that level), and for healing start working on your cast speed.