New to EQ

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Parabola1022, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Parabola1022 Guest

Ok, so i hit 20 today, and became ceorc.

Now, as a enchanter, the first few lvls were ugly, lol, I came from FFXI and was totally lost when I got into this game, but, after reading some post's and alot of practice, I got really good and doing my job. :D

Just wondering, If there is any pointers that you can give me, with this new job, I will start my armor quest when I get back home after thanksgiving, but, if there is anything you can point out to help me along the way, I would appriciate it.

I make sure to have all the adepts I can, and keep all my spells and gear up to date, but, I still struggle with some things and could use all the help I can get. I would hate to give the job a bad name :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Kiern Guest

It's hard to give a specific answer without knowing exactly what you are struggling with?

Some random thoughts:

Always remember that our primary responsibility is crowd control above all else. Second priority is buff/debuff. Last would be damage. The #1 sin for an Enchanter is to run out of mana trying to deal damage, and becoming unable to do CC.

Mez adds and keep them mez'd until the group is ready for them. Mez healers first, then casters, then melee. Keep any eye on your healer and give priority mezing to anything attacking them.

Keep up breeze on anyone that needs it, healers being the top priority. In long drawn out battles mid-fight breezing is critical, and not just for casters and healers, your MA needs power too in order to maintain aggro.

Consume Ego is a great option, but using it at the wrong time can get you killed.

One major thing that takes a while for some to learn is not to panic. You are your own best defense. If something aggros you - mez it. If mez is down - stun, back away then mez. If both are down - root then back away and mez if needed. If your health gets low, don't start running around hoping to avoid getting hit. Stay focused, have faith in your healer, and take control of the situation yourself.

NEVER DoT anything that your MA is not fighting. Even if it looks like it will be a fairly easy fight, you never know when adds will drop in.