New TLE Rulset

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kelric, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Kelric New Member

The new TLE has been placed on the roadmap for June!
    I see a beta is in May?
    I would love if a dev could give any insight or let us know when more information will be available!
    Siren likes this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing this roadmap?
  3. Leibnitz Member

4. Evilary Well-Known Member

I kind of hope this is fake. It's probably not but it's sad that the official forums and website do not have this information. It shows an ask me anything forum for next month but then it's 2 months before they reveal the answers. That sounds bad as well. Overall, sounds like the level of information sharing I would expect of them recently.
  5. Phee Active Member

i really want a TLE style for Chains of Eternity and all the expansions after that until it catches up to live. there are like 6 expansions or so that go to waste now, and i know there is a lot of interest in doing those expacs in a TLE style from some friends and guildies. what i and some others want is to slowly 4 months at a time do each expac to eventually catch up to where live is now to really experience EQ2 in its entirety since there are new rumors for eq3 in 2028 or so. there is still time to make a server like this.
    Ramblon likes this.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

Well it says on the roadmap they finally released on the official forums that the new TLE is going to be something different. Of course they are not letting anyone know what yet, so it could be anything.

Personally I find myself making alts to relive the lower level stuff. I don't have much interest once they hit 100. It may be due to the fact that you only have one way to level past this point or it could be the content is so much more recent for me.
    Raeven, Arielle Nightshade and Siren like this.
  7. Gamb New Member

It would be cool to have a everything tradable, randomizer extra loot server. They made one for EQ1, Ragefire and Agnarr and Agnarr is still like one of the best/most popular servers. People love phat lewts, being able to go anywhere you want and get stuff worth using is pretty cool. EQ2 gear is quite a bit more dumbed down than EQ1, but still loot is loot.

I'd would also like to see a server like Phee suggested that goes past the terrible expansion, DoV, maybe release DOV + the next one at the same time so people dont vanish when the terrible expac starts.

Then again, I'd also like to have beast and channeler with mercenaries available for the start too. Everyone complains that those things make the game too easy, but come on really? What exactly is hard in EQ2? Ever since the gear changes that makes every stat the same EQ2 has 0 difficulty any way. It's just a group throwing up invs and running as fast as they can to the hunters named for a 1.6 second battle so they can go afk again for the rest of the day in front of the broker. Does it really matter if they are a SK or a channeler?
    Arielle Nightshade and Phee like this.
  8. Phee Active Member

also, the next TLE needs full time double loot. we got 4 months where the original release ran for a good 11 to 12 months. so if youre not in a top raid guild it takes the entire 4 months to get half your gear to drop for the raid. double loot is needed on these TLE. i wanna be able to get my raid sets mostly by mid content. so i can actually play in them for a while before a new expansion comes. and the only way to do that is double loot permanently on the server.
  9. Phee Active Member

and while im here, make sure the HP on ROK content is looked that, that all but killed Varsoon, lost some people due to the fights taking so long and making the content a slugfest. therefore taking the fun out of it, every other expac is tuned good HP wise.. but ROK is not.
  10. Xeshaka Member

Same, on Varsoon I leveled about 6 characters to 60, but got bored grinding those quests for BIS before the first xpac.
    Leveling alts is just so damn fun lol.
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

Shweet.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Links please.
  13. Mashef Member

Been out there for about 6 months now from the EG7 people. A quote from the article "And EG7 has been touting unannounced projects under the EverQuest banner for the last three years."

That would seem to indicate that the game is well past the idea phase and into some initial development. You don't think about a project for 3 years before starting it.

https://massivelyop.com/2023/09/20/...rquest-mmorpg-for-2028-after-years-of-rumors/
  14. Intenzive Member

I just want them to do a TLE without the hunters quest. Makes it to where you can't find groups for anything unless it is hunter runs.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

Absolutely, which would require the team to think about occasional events to liven up the server(s). The advantage of hunters, like other systems used for years, is precisely to creates content without imagining a new one every week . And the more convoluted and time-consuming it is, the better.
    So less work, they can focus more on.... Hmm... Maintenance?
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

The next question is what do they replace it with? The primary goal of Hunters (from their perspective) is to drive engagement with the game and increase DAU / MAU metrics. You'd need a system to accomplish this which causes players to want to interact with it, ideally without feeling they're obliged to.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

I think they want it to be the content that was originally released for the game for that expansion rather than something added, a real classic experience.
    Pantero likes this.
  18. Krov Active Member

A TLP , IMO is nothing what it sounds like, the classic experience.

This is because it has become a modified version of the game and it's no longer a TLP but a rule's / server spin off.

The major issue's facing EQ2 TLP servers ... it is NOT the classic experience at all. That is the core issue and still after multiple servers has not been fixed. The same fundamental issues we have had in every single TLP are still present.

There is no classic itemization , no access quests , modified cons of mobs , additional quests (hunters) that are not part of the classic experience that results in BIS or near BIS items that breaks anything remotely in the classic experience.T

he result is simple ... anyone that comes "back" to play the classic experience realizes it is anything but the classic experience and leaves.
  19. Humakt Member

20. Arandar Well-Known Member

A project that isn't even in pre-production, is scheduled for release in 2028 and costs $30 million? I'd think that is overly ambitious and breaks the scope-time-cost triad for developing an MMO that's similar in scope to EverQuest 1 and 2. I agree with one of the posters in that thread that it's much more likely to be a mobile game (if it's really a thing they plan on doing at all, and not just throwing an idea out there to see what sticks.)