New SK seeking advice

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Moordecai, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Moordecai New Member

I have played Brigand and dabbled in BL but have always wanted an SK ... with the most recent expansion, some of the new changes, and heroic characters it is much more viable than ever to start one! I've made my SK and done the heroic upgrade and looked at AA trees, but am not sure what the "must have" AAs are. I'm also a bit confused on spell reuse and such. My intention is to have good specs for Solo, DPS and Tanking ... but will likely do more DPS and Solo work than anything else. For now a good Solo spec to level using a 2h weapon would be very helpful, and if anybody wants to be my new best friend and give me a rough idea on how to progress my AAs with said specs from 280 to max AAs that would be highly appreciated as well! Thanks for any help y'all are willing to provide!!!!!
  2. oldskool Active Member

I'm pretty sure the solo spec to have is for a one hander plus shield. There are a lot of AAs that trigger if you have a shield equipped.

I'm not a mix/max type of person but here is my solo SK setup. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who say its not optimal but it works for me.

CRUSADER
    STR line - 10-10-2-1
    AGI line - 4-10-10
    STA line - 4-10
    WIS line - 4-10-8-1
    INT line - 5-0-0-0-8

SHADOWKNIGHT
    Here i mostly maximize the offensive skills.
    1 point in Reaver and 1 point in Hateful Respite
    5-0-0-5-5-5

SHADOWS
    5 in health and power
    5 in swinging strike and offensive prowess
    Everything maxed except 0 in Gallentry
    Everything maxed except Malevolent Tormenting and Rancorous Spite.

I also use a recast timer and so I can max the autoattack of my one hander. I only solo with this toon so I don't put any AAs into any spell for the purpose of increasing threat. I tend to pull a lot of mobs so AAs in AoE spells are better and I like AAs that boost stats over AAs that just increase a single skill.

TBH, you really can't go wrong with the AAs. For my money EQ2 is more about gear now so you'll want the best gear you can get for your level.

If you're grouping as the DPS you might want to put any spell that increases threat off to the side so you don't pull aggro. Also don't forget about Singular Focus that disables your AE auto attack.

If you're tanking you'll want a totally unique AA setup with points put into anything that increases threat.
  3. Moordecai New Member

Any other suggestions?

I'm also wondering what stats I need to focus on ... AM, Potency, Reuse Speed, etc ... I'm a nub at the new changes so don't know current soft caps for any of these!
  4. Kikoku New Member