New rule: NO more nerfs until CoV fixed!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by xephier, Jan 8, 2013.

1. xephier Active Member

"Fixed a bug that was causing Obols to drop from every kill in the Altar of Abhorrence."
    I mean I know how much this bothered the majority of players, obviously it ticked me off far more than CoV failing for the 9999999th time, sure am glad they "fixed" it.

PS: I know there were upsides to the update to, I don't need them recited to me. Fact is CoV has been broken for as long as it's been out, SOE needs to not lay in any more nerfs PERIOD, until CoV is fixed. For the time it took to code in that little tidbit they probably could have fixed CoV D-:<
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. SteelPiston Active Member

There's a stickied CoV thread in - General Gameplay Discussion. I hope you added all your details to the thread.
  3. Salavar Active Member

Good luck with that!
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I guess it's really in relation to their other fix. If everyone gets an obol when it drops, then one every trash would mean you'd get about 600 in a 24 man raid even before you get to the first named.

Or one grouping trash you'd get 150 for a group of 6.

Calcs based on 25 obols dropping / 20-25 trash killed.
  5. xephier Active Member

Ya and that stickied thread is really helping CoV get fixed any faster, it's just there like one of them buttons ya hit at the stoplight, nothing more than a stress reliever and a place for SOE to pool all the complaints so they aren't accumulating in multiple threads and actually being seen.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

How about TS high level writs -- we are promised these right after teh game went life but we are still waiting. But they are busy with Drinal Raid - quit worrying about Nerfs and Drinal and give us TS WRits.
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

Because the raid designer is totally the one responsible for Tradeskill writs. Must be hard to run an MMO with one employee.
    Terein and Kraeref like this.
  8. Meidjum Active Member

I'd be happy if the bug that makes your mouse get stuck in the up right corner would get fixed. Not a game ended but still very annoying.
  9. xephier Active Member

LOL... well that would explain why they're so damned slow getting anything done.
  10. Seliri Well-Known Member

what are obols ~_o
  11. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Perhaps, if they move the call, from backpack to spellbook, could solve some problems? At least, it would free up one slot ^ ^
  12. xephier Active Member

That would make sense, it's like I've said before, simply code in to have it not run the reuse timer unless it actually teleports someone, I mean really, it's not rocket science.
  13. Gilasil Active Member

+1
    Heh, +1000000000000
    I hate that bug. That and the one which sends you spinning and you can't stop.

I wish the title for this thread were a little nicer though. If I saw something like that directed at me -- by someone I knew had no power to make rules -- I'd be looking to nerf something just to make clear who's in charge. And who isn't.

As for fixing CoV. It's broken?
  14. Terein Active Member

I've noticed that happening since I returned, I thought it was dust or something in my mouse, I just realized it only happens in EQ2 though. :\

Pretty sure they tried that and it lead to some kind of exploit that wasn't an easy fix or something, dunno I recall one of the devs posting about that back when they were allowed to speak.

---

It's worth pointing out that I had absolutely zero issues with it until I got into SS and CoE. Running my progression guild in level 50 and below zones I have not had a single issue aside from those auto attacking orcs in zek causing the "you're in combat when you really aren't" bug.
  15. xephier Active Member

I'm a paying customer as are most the people on this forum, we are the collective boss of SOE weather they like it or not, without our money they would be nothing, period.
  16. Gilasil Active Member

But you have no power to make rules which was my point. You can say whatever you want but nobody else is required to do what you say.

You can certainly threaten to leave the game if they don't do whatever you want. Many make such threats. Some of those threats are actually for reasonable things. A few who make such threats actually carry them out. But that's not a rule. It's a threat.

As for CoV, I wasn't aware it was broken. Last I used it, it worked perfectly. So you're having some sort of problem with CoV?
  17. xephier Active Member

not just me, a lot of people are, it's been an issue for as long as CoV has been out, there's little workarounds for reducing the chance of a "cov fail" but nothing is guaranteed to make it work every time, some people are just lucky and have it work for them every time, it's almost a roll of the dice type thing, some people are lucky and have fabled armor drops on every solo instance run, others run them 10k times and get not one.
  18. Tayz Member

that is a graphic driver issue...used to happen to me all the time when i had a radeon graphics card, went to an older driver fixed it.
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I´m using two monitors at once, well one for a vid stream, the other for eq2 :)
    Sometimes, when things a bit hectic, my mouse is gone and i can´t controll my char as normal with aswd, i just hit the left mousebutton and all is set right.
    At least on my side, i think its some wired combination from MS, running win7.
  20. Salavar Active Member

As I have said before GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!