New rate drop rate thread

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Thand, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

my goal is to spend at least 3 hours a day in each tier of zone to try and gadge drop rate
    Zone Stonebrute level 80-89 time 3 hours
    412 cynar nuts
    314 marr cherries
    363 lapsing leaf
    1043 sumac lumber
    1265 quicksilver clusters
    68 etheral material
    1741 amber
    362 kejiam palm fruit
    1654 Bamboo
    2391 titanium ore
    2326 molten pelts

Uncommon
    6 greenroot tuber
    29 Toxnettle root
    9 Brelium ore
    13 ultherian diamonds
    20 spotted pelts
    43 kaborite cluster
    Ultra rare
    1 Voidstone foundation
    -----------------------------------
    no adoring rares unfortunatly
    I to see if i can get my act pluggng to work to see exact number of pulls in the future
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

What I'm curious about is specifically the drops from bushes now. The rare for provisioner recipes is more rare than the root drop. How much more rare? Compared to the harvester's Rare Harvest Chance, does RHC = roots + food, or does RHC = roots alone? In other words, is the food drop rate part of the RHC table now, or was it tacked on to just the normal table at an absurdly high rate?
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

All I have so far are unprocessed numbers for T11. At 6% RHC, 34% BH, my ratio of Hiven:Stormthorn is 704:96.

Without going back and comparing current hiven rates with past numbers, I can't answer the question as to whether they share a roll or not.

Side question - Do we know for sure if the new adorning mats can be harvested in T11? By the naming convention, I would certainly expect them to drop T0 through T10, but am unsure about T11. I kinda expected to see one by now, especially having done enough harvesting to get 3 more T11 Spellshards since they went in...
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

My findings are about the same. Unfortunately the adornment rares seem to be even more rare than the GM components.
  5. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Tier One (1-9)

Harvesting Skill = 720
    Bountiful Harvest = 76
    Rare Harvest Chance = 8

1 - Shimmering Primordial Fragment
    22 - Nebulous Spellshards
    17 - Nebulous Foundations
    599 - Assorted Rares

This was done over the course of multiple trips. I did not keep track of how much common material I harvested.

RNG luck was not with me!
  6. Uncle Active Member

not to change the subject on this maybe need a new post made

but the new t11 rare food do you all think that the drop rate being effected by the fact the node that drops the rare food mat is also still dropping hiven roots
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your asking here. Obviously the drop rate of the node is a factor, and so should Rare Harvest Chance. But I don't think that is the question your trying to ask here, or at least not the point your trying to make.

One thing that is certain is the distribution of the provisioner harvest vs rare roots is off. Nobody has looked at this closely enough to figure out why.
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

I spent a couple of hours harvesting just T11 bushes in Tranquil Sea this evening. I was pretty disappointed with the rare food harvest rate. I know it's a small sample...

[IMG]
    Kuulei likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I have moved down a tier to T10 in Vesspyr and I am finding that I am getting far fewer rares than ever. I seriously think there has been a change made when they added the Harvestable category on the marketplace.o_O

I hit 150 lumber nodes in vesspyr and got ONE etherwood. I used to walk through that zone and the lumber would jump into my bags! :p
    either I am having a bad 2 hour romp through Vesspyr or they changed something.
    Type# Collects% Collects# Items% ItemsAvg Items/Collect# Rares% Rares
    All 150 100.00% 864 100.00% 5.76 7 100.00%
    bubinga lumber 6 4.00% 6 0.69% 1.00 6 85.71%
    effulgent material 2 1.33% 4 0.46% 2.00 0 0.00%
    etherwood lumber 1 0.67% 1 0.12% 1.00 1 14.29%
    swamp ash lumber 141 94.00% 853 98.73% 6.05 0 0.00%
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Harvesting yesterday for AoM TS daily I got 2 stomthom rares. Are they those rares for a new food everybody talking about or just regular rares like lumiun claster or hiven roots? I think I remember getting etherwood too just harvesting for weekly ts in VS. But didn't pay much attention. I need to check my bags. Thanks.

Another question. Are there separate recipe books for new rare crafted items if yes where to get them? Thanks.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

Stormthorn are the t11 food rares. You can get the new books from the guild recipe npc. (Advanced Provvie books).

The new books for the adorns can also be bought from the recipe npc.
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Many thanks!