New PvP Warden

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Dane, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Dane Guest

I am new to PvP and I was wondering what is the best AA spec for PVP wardens. I am lvl 25 now. I would also like to know if there is any melee crit gear for my lvl availible.
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Just look up to the top of the page and read the FAQ: Warden AAs and you.
    I just read the post and it is awesome. The one thing you should probably keep in mind for a warden in PvP combat is that lots of your opponents will stun and interrupt. The end line ability on stamina will save you life if you learn to use it.
    Other than that you might just search this forum for the other 20 posts on this exact same subject where Ariel has already commented.
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

For melee crit gear, get leather armor that is aimed at Bruisers and brawlers.

AA: STR, STA, AGI (str first for melee crits) in the druid tree; Combat Arts in the Warden Tree, then the movement line filled in after that.

That should be about all you'll need right now if you are level locking.
  4. ARCHIVED-raydenwins Guest

I agree with arielle if you plan on pvping in groups. You can handle anything solo until the 40's. I'd consider a respec when you reach mid 40s.
  5. ARCHIVED-calcdivs Guest

I tend to disagree with the common notion that a warden should go melee spec in PVP. Your melee skills are kind of weak. At best the most you can get is Apt IV with AA. You should really try to get all your skills to Adept 3 or better before you go hunting PvP. Secondly your melee attacks, are well less than stellar. You don't have anything that does anything to affect the flow of the fight. All they do is damage, no stuns, stiffles, interrupts, fear, knockback, nothing. Most players will use their 'effects' to control the flow of the fight, which a melee warden can't do. Thats a big dis-advantage your have to overcome.
    If your running around solo, its not a problem how you play. Its your time and your dime, if your having fun keep it up. If your trying to find groups to run around with, don't be suprised if they are hard to come by after folks realize your a "pretend" healer that wants to try and beat folks up. When I played on the PvE server, I had to admit I did not know/notice that many folks play style. It really did not matter, a so/so tank and 1/2 proficient dps could easy clear the zone. Only issue was, did it take 30 mins or 45 mins. But in PvP your going to start to notice folks and remember them. You can get a rep as being a solid dependable healer and folks will pick you anytime for pvp. If they think your only so/so then you might find groups a little more difficult to come by.
  6. ARCHIVED-raydenwins Guest

At 65, my heal spec warden lost to pallys, inquis, templar, sks 1v1. They won the power battle by a significant amount because I can't dps heal spec. I changed to melee and win with decent power left. I'm all lvl 65 lesser fay pvp geared, max aa, mastered. I played 3 years heal spec, been a month of melee, what a difference
  7. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I think we are all right - and how you choose to spec for PvP depends on how you like to play and if you are soloing or grouping mostly.

Melee for open zone pvp makes the most sense (IMO) because spec'ing for it doesnt interfere (much) with your healing ability. You want to focus on survival and big heals, but you also need to eventually do some damage to the Other Guy or you will never finish the fight...at least not with you as the winner. They just wait to run you out of power (and even with your mythical you can run out of power)..and then kill you. If they stay around that long.
    Even with AA spec'd abilities only spec'ing to a certain level, they scale with you and still do more burst damage than our nukes. Burst damage is the thing that really helps in pvp - you kind of need a 'finishing blow' spell. We really don't have one, but can tape one together using CAs.
    If you are in a group usually - then spec to heal. You are one of the better group healers in pvp. You still need to gear for survivability because you are a prime target.
    On the other hand if you are terrible at melee and a wizard (pardon the expression ) at nuking - then by all means spec to your strengths.