New Prestige Ship house weather options

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cisteros, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Cisteros Active Member

I hope this is the right place for this, it isn't really gameplay. While I love the new home, I wonder if it would be possible to have a sunny day option. Even the "Calm" looks like you are sailing into the mother of all storms
    Kitzy, Feara, Snowhaze and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bregdania Active Member

Yes!!! I would love clear skies to go with the "calm" weather! Awesome place to decorate though :)
    Feara likes this.
  3. Kisy Active Member

That maybe a problem though because if you go up to the crows nest and look around you can see how small of a zone it really is, and that there isn't much "out there" The dark coloring is ( I think, though I def could be wrong ) what makes the zone look larger than it is.

If there was a sunny day sky, it may not have the same look or appeal that it currently has ( which maybe the point. ) ie: you may be able to see the edge of the zone lines
    Feara likes this.
  4. Bregdania Active Member

That's a possibility although when you think how good the sky tile illusion can be - that sort of sky makes me wonder if it's possible.
  5. Zhadowsee New Member

Would you pay an additional 300 Station Cash if they were to add an extra option?
  6. Bregdania Active Member

Normally I'm very careful with my station cash but as this is so totally different to the houses, I think for the role-playing perspective - yes I would. It's hard to get the right atmosphere of a calm voyage with such and ominous sky. Likewise the ominous sky is perfect for the dramatic role-play story lines. To have the "borders" extended to allow items to be placed out from the ship and beneath it would add to all of the above.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Thats the only reason I won't buy it for myself. I need something calm and relaxing to decorate. Now if and when we can sell our decorated houses, then yah it's on! I would so love to decorate it! Awesome job to the designers! A fab job on the waves, they instill an awe and fear at the same time. ~Feara
  8. Bregdania Active Member

LOL !! You know - I have been so busy with the actual decorating on the ship while having the calm music playing that I've not worried about the sky for now. This is going to be a long job for me as I've been going for a week on it and still have only one room completed and a second created waiting for decor! If anyone wants to wander by over the next few months to see the slow progress it is listed on the Unrest server accessed from Freeport and is under the name of my carpenter Decim. One day I will probably list it on the leader-boards so access is easier for visiting players who are low level but for now I need to keep building. I am a basic decorator who builds on the bones of the house rather than a true creator of awesome things :)
    Feara likes this.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I think the sky is the way it is becuase the whole zone is a copy/paste and the other 3 options are varying intensity of storm. prolly take evenmore coding to lighten the sky for one setting, and then making it gradually dark with each storm setting.