New Poison Yields - FYI for scouts :D

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Since I am bugged and unable to post at all in the Tradeskill forums {coughsnicker}, I'll post here.

On Test:
    Gnostic's poison, which requires 1 hiven root, yields 40 on pristine
    Exemplar's poison, which requires 2 hiven roots, yields 30 on pristine.

Enjoy!

~Mum
    Neiloch, Jrel, Hijinx and 2 others like this.
  2. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update and info.

It's still BS that 4 scout classes have to pay anything to put out similar DPS compared to mages.
    Quillyne and xkrisx like this.
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

@Ruckus

I completely agree and still get ran over by some Mages on the parse.. :(
  5. Nubek Active Member

Isn't it also BS that 4 scout classes can simply buy an item to gain a lot of DPS without having to do anything else?
    Anunnaki and Tharrakor like this.
  6. Akina_Storms Active Member

they can't simply...
    they're REQUIERED to buy it otherwise, instead of beeing a few DPS away, they'll be no use at all.
    Alenna and Quillyne like this.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

See, the problem here is that Scout DPS has been auto-attack and proc-reliant for two expansions now, technically three though I'm not sure how CoE parsed for most people, just going off my own knowledge for that.

Mages get a bonus -- their CA's still do incredible damage AND they get proc benefits lol. Artificially bloated parses for mages; subpar parses for scouts prior to the poison fix.

The poisons become far less necessary if CA's mattered again, which I swore there was supposed to be a change recently to make them matter lol.
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I wish my combat arts did the DPS and debuffs that the "plat sink" known as "poisons" did.

I wish I didn't have to take time to go out and farm my own hiven roots.

I wish I didn't have to take the time to make said poisons.

I wish I didn't have to pay for fuels for my DPS and debuffs.

I wish that when I got down to the last vial of poison in the stack of 100, that I'd get a message letting me know that I need to turn auto consume back on for another stack of poisons.

I wish I had the room in my bags back instead of having to carry around stacks upon stacks of poisons with me.

I wish I didn't have to waste poisons when I switched specs mid-raid. When you change an AA spec, the vial of poison that is currently "active" gets erased and then "refills" if you don't turn off "auto-consume".

I have a tanking scout AA build and a set of gear for tanking. I also have an AA spec and set of gear for single target fights and another AA spec and set of gear for AoE fights. You don't see mages needing to have tanking gear, single target gear, or AoE target gear. You also don't see them having to pay plat for their DPS to make it justifiable to keep their raid spot.

Want to trade places with me and the poison using scouts, wise guy?
    Brenvia, Alenna, Garavic and 8 others like this.
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

This post deserves about 500 likes. Way better than my explanation lol.
    xkrisx likes this.
  10. Dreadza New Member

When I started EQ2 on day 1, I was going to be a druid again like EQ1. However, that druid no longer existed so I made a ranger scout and just loved her. Then things started changing so I made a Shadowknight and Fury. Love my Shadowknight the best and seldom use my ranger at all now. My ranger did improve with the newest merc there to help. Same with the fury. The ranger seriously needs more AoE spells.
  11. Korucuu Well-Known Member

QFE!

12. Ratza Well-Known Member

worth repeating!
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They only brought up the fact that they are looking into it. There was no set timeframe. This was during the last twitch stream on 2/18:

14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I think that the part of that quote that can't be stressed enough is the part upon which I used bold emphasis (especially the word that is also underlined):
    The implication of that part is that where the players think the damage should be and where the developers think the damage should be aren't necessarily the same thing. Personally, though, I wouldn't mind if Scouts had damage parity with Mages - provided that Mages could cast offensive spells on the move and wear armor that isn't just essentially heavy-duty cardboard. ;)
  15. Azian Well-Known Member

Isn't that always true though? Just a few words before what you emphasized they said "...bring them up in line..." so we can at least cling to a hope that the net result will be higher even if portions go down. For the most part, I don't think you'll find a big argument from folks who play poison using scout classes that they really love getting such a large % of their damage from A) poisons and B) auto-attack. They are understandably concerned about a revamp taking place mid-expansion and that CAs won't be boosted enough to compensate for any assumed nerf coming to auto-attack.

When a scout is in their normal dps gear they really aren't notably less squishy than a mage in my experience. (Ever joked about sacrificing the ranger?) That can change by equipping tank gear and switching to a defensive stance of course but now you aren't needing any type of artificial throttle on dps as you are going to do substantially less damage anyway by making those changes.

Most of my raiding this expansion has been on a scout. In years past, it's mostly been on casters (or healers.) My opinion is that it is far more effort (micro-management) to successfully dps on the scout than it is on a mage. Those big mass pulls of trash that people love to burn down? Easy dps right? Try constantly finding the back side of those mobs to use your best abilities and damage AAs. Not so easy when all you see is a mass of bodies. Heck, just switching to a new target from one side of the group of mobs to one on the other side and suddenly you are out of range of both your melee auto-attack and all but the one or two CAs. Of course, we also have the lag fest delaying the casting of our abilities which means you don't even get to swing your melee weapons either while you sit and wait for everything to catch up.

I think you were kind of joking (?) in your last sentence but are you also willing to accept that 90% of the damage abilities on your mage will come with a 5 meter max range and half of those will have a positional/stealth component? If so, sign on up and please feel free to move about at will. I personally would rather my mages NOT come with the "benefit" of casting on the move and 5 meters max to hit anything.
  16. Darksavanna Active Member

I wish I had the ability to swap a few PC of gear around and some AAs and call my SK t1 DPs

I wish I didn't have to run in nothing but +MIT gear

I wish brawlers, warriors, and crusaders were all even in tanking ability, threat, survivability.

I wish my channeler didn't require arrows to heal.

I wish scouts would quit biching about having to use poisons

I wish my tanks didn't have to use thorn pots every 2min on auto consume same with succulent totems

I wish t1 DPs didn't complain about tanks loosing hate
    Deveryn likes this.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

LOL!

I wish my bruiser could use poisons...
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I wish my Necro could use 'plague in a bottle'... :eek: :D (Kinda like a disease-based poison.)
  19. Crychtonn Active Member

Snipped out the off topic non consumable parts. But really? Do you have a clue the difference in cost between your channelers arrows (which scouts also use, and rangers use primarily like channelers) and the current cost of poisons?

Oh and your poor tank that has to use auto consume on green potions. Wait what you mean the same green potions every other good player uses?? Oh no those succulent totems that last 5 hours a pop. Damn that must cost you a fortune LMAO.

Bottom line to all the trolls jumping this thread is the Dev's have decided to make changes to make poison cost less of a burden. Despite 15+ pages of nay sayers that don't play poison using scouts saying they shouldn't. Just like they made changes to how arrows were used when they got absurdly expensive and all the people that never paid for an arrow said there should be no change.

Sure people will ask for more that's human nature. I'd have loved to seen it increased to 50 vials like last tier. Or had the primary changed to Incandescent Materiel's. A 33% drop in cost is a good start. I say start because it's still on test and could change.

FYI - If you think tanks are so out of balance why don't you go start your own thread to try and fix that. Instead of wasting your time in a thread that has no effect on you.
    Neiloch and Ruckus like this.
  20. Crychtonn Active Member

I wish my ranger could flop around contested zones and get free shinies!
    Neiloch, xkrisx and Ruckus like this.