New Players Tip: How to make 30 gold in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-rifter2, Mar 12, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-shvmoz Guest

Alas, the end of an era: with LU24, the new broker interface warns when an item is put up for less than a merchant would pay for it, so I suspect we'll see many many fewer of these cases.

Ah well, was fun and profitable while it lasted!

Mike
  2. ARCHIVED-Duluvian Guest

I know I was kind of disappointed. I had been doing it ever since I started back the beginning of March.
  3. ARCHIVED-DedBoy Guest

Don't count on it. I still see lots of people that get so undercut happy that they STILL underprice the vendors. Plant food is some of the worse priced. I've seen amonia sell for 1c on my server post LU24.
    This isn't how I make my money but having the dross taken out from the bottom of the market helps me make more money because now I stand a chance of selling my goods for more than the vendor will give.
    Now if the vendors would just buy harvest goods...... even for 1c.
  4. ARCHIVED-Horrt Guest

Heh... I've done this since they but the bazaar in the original Everquest... amazing how low some ppl will mark things in order to have the lowest price

and I have to add... its a shame that they had to hard-wire in a system to baby-sit ppl and protect them from their own stupidity....
    let the buyer beware....um...but also the seller
  5. ARCHIVED-mst3k Guest

I will admit that i sell spells under the broker price....my train of thought is that I looted something that i do not need, so anything i can get for it is a plus to my purse, and likewise, if someone can upgrade thier apprentice spell with an adept 1 for spare change, then i have helped them too..

...once you reach level 25, you should be making more money questing and XP'ing than being a shady marketeer, and a skillful crafter can make an incredible amount of money if done correctly.... so market hawking isn't as appealing as it once was...

The Family McInnis
    #5 Lucie Street
    South Qeynos, Antonica V5N5R2a

Father Johnnee - (70 Templar / 41 Jewler)
    Daughter Jennee - (70 Berzerker / 59 Carpenter)
    Daughter Jullee - (60 Wizard / 70 Provisioner)
    Daughter Jannee - (37 Conjuror / Unemployed)
    Son Jonnee (27 Dirge / Unemployed)
    Son Jerree - (20 Swashbuckler / Unemployed)
  6. ARCHIVED-DedBoy Guest

You helped 1 person & hurt 2 dosen't seem like a good trade to me. You hurt yourself selling items for less than vendor (why don't you stand on a corner & destroy your money) and you hurt the person whom you undercut & beat out for the sale.
    Oh, no you can't make as much money crafting or adventuring as you can collecting at 42 I can make from 20g to 1.5P in a day collecting. for the same time frame my carpenter is lucky to make 15g grinding blue boxes & waiting for the next level box to be available.
    BTW just exactly who are you calling a "shady marketer"?
  7. ARCHIVED-Seddo Guest

Hard to find things below vendor price atm since the broker automatically sets the maximum vendor price now :)