New Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Goma Pile, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Goma Pile New Member

Hi,

First time eq2 player but long time mmo player.

What server to play on at EU times?
    What would be your advice to me for what class to play (open to all except fighters) ?

I'm fully aware that most likely I'll be playing solo for a large majority of my time in-game.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Femi Member

welcome . been playing 14 years most in the U.S.. but I did do a stint wow overseas with my Husband. I played from an African country for 4 years. I was able to still play on U.S. servers. I think there are some Europeans servers, and they should come up when you make a new toon.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Hi. Thurgadin is the only dedicated EU server. You will have to ensure your patcher is set to the EU version to see it.

Playing solo and don't want to play a tank? I'd probably recommend a rogue, Swashbuckler or Brigand, or if you fancy a healer, maybe a Fury, Channeller or a Warden.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thurgadin is the EU server, though there are some EU folks playing on various IS servers. I know we have some on Maj'Dul.
  5. Goma Pile New Member

Thank you all for your replies.

Just to clarify, I'm not against playing in groups, it's just that I was under the impression that there wouldn't be much opportunity to do so. If a group is available then of course I would be more than happy to join it.

Also with EU times, I was aware of the EU server but have also read that it's not the most populated server, so I was wondering if there was much EU life on any of the US servers?

I have also read that there is a terrific shortage of tanks across all servers but having played a tank in almost every MMO I've played, I was trying not to this time round.

Again, thank you.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Nonsense spun for some reason by some US players. Thurgadin is busier than all but one or two US servers. Grouping at low level is bleak everywhere, but once you're 125 and caught up stats-wise, there will always be opportunities to play in groups. I'd strongly advise you join a casual guild to begin with to learn the ropes. This game has a lot of nuances to it and lots to learn.
    Hartsmith and Goma Pile like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Which isn't saying much. Maj'Dul has the heaviest population. Either HoF or Skyfire is next, and after that you have Antonia Bayle, which has a low population.

IoR, the free trade server, is pretty dead most of the time. All of the activity there seems to be within guilds. Rivervale is almost dead and is merging with Antonia Bayle.

My suggestion is to create a free-to-play toon on *all* the servers, and check in at your preferred playing times to see who is on, what guilds are active at those playtimes, usw.
    Hartsmith likes this.