New Player Wanting Input on Class Choice for Varsoon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kaldom, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Kaldom New Member

Hey everyone, I am a long time MMO player (Dirty casual these days) but completely new to EQ2 (also never played EQ1). After checking things out I feel like starting on the Varsoon server so I can play the game closer to an "as was" state for extra vibes and hopefully continue the journey as releases continue.

However, I'm trying to sort out what to play. Currently I am leaning towards the scout classes (Ranger, Brig and Sin) but would like to know what classes are often missing from the server as is. For raids or groups at end game, do we need more tanks, healers or support? What is played the least but is really needed. Or, what can you never have enough of? In the end I'll play what feels good but this may help me narrow things down.

A lot of the casters turn me off as the animations are kinda weird but that's something I can get over in time. I used to main a healing priest in wow from vanilla until legion so I'm often less interested in hard healing roles these days.

Thanks.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi, so you more want to play scoot or tank, in the best case .
    As for the value of class, know that it is often at the level of the dps that it is judged and buffs it can add for a group raid.
    As a scout, the shawbucker does very well and provides great utility with his debuffs. the brigand is in the same line, less aoe dps but he does very well.
    For bards, I see a lot more dirges than troubadours . Their buffs are without common measures very very useful for a group, a raid .
    Assassins, rangers are very good dps, not very useful with their buffs for the group but it hurts!
    As for tanks, that's another story, you can spend minutes or even hours looking for one to form a group, as in raid places are rares.

Note that I am sharing with you a view of a player who is mainly heroic (sorry 3rd person haha) .

In short, for heroics, it really doesn't matter the class, know that tanks are the class often looked for last, the least easy to find.
    Maybe because we are at the end of mid extension? They will surely resurface with the arrival of hunters soon and other additions .
    As for raids, in my opinion it would be wise to contact a raid guild and see directly with them what they might be missing.
    Welcome in norrath
  3. Xeshaka Member

It's the same as all MMO's. Tanks/healers and support classes are always in the highest demand.

If you want to play one of those and not hate yourself soloing, SK or Fury/Wardens are a good choice. Bards are considered support and play similar to scout classes. Of course you can solo with any class, just some take longer than others.
  4. Bydekm New Member

if you want to be wanted in groups and raids, play a bard. If you want to have fun with the game, play anything but a bard.
    Bekkr likes this.