New player, thinking to join,a few questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by simpa, May 24, 2014.

1. simpa New Member

Hello all. I am thinking to play EQ2 cause as i read many ppl considering it as a very good mmo
    1. I am more a solo player , i like questing and exploring. EQ2 have enough solo content?
    2. I am a big mount/pet collector. are there many mounts/pets in game that i can get with reputation,questing ? Or most of them are in cash shop with real money purchase?
    3.Housing is good in this game?How u obtain the items? I am used to RIFT housing that is awesome.
    4. Im from EU playing on a NA shard will have me latency issues? If yes, is there a EU server with high population?
    5.How much time it takes to fully download and install the game? :)

Thanks all!
  2. Dawktari New Member

Welcome to EQ2.

1.This game is very solo friendly all the way to max level. If you purchase the mercenary feature you can have a decent fighting/healing partner and then you will be whats called moloing.

2.Not many vanity pets but there are a few in the game you can get questing. I have a gorilla,duck, gumdrop, chokoda and there's more.

3.Plenty of mounts to in game purchase from city merchants. Several to quest for and several to buy in the cash shop. Do research.

4.Housing is plentiful and more items than you'll probably be able to handle. Many from questing, city merchants and the cash shop. Visit the Norrathian Home Show thread in the forums for ideas and pics of peoples homes.

5. Can't help with this sorry.

6. its about 15G so depends on your download speed.

Once again welcome. And explore everything the game has to offer.
  3. simpa New Member

thanks for answering!
    Played today a while. Im level 9 Mage-Wizard. Seems fun and joined a guild that helped me a lot to get used to the game.
    Something more, I want to be able to sell at broker, how im gonna do this? What i have to buy?
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

When I started playing EQ2 about a week ago, after some preliminary downloading, the rest downloaded in the background while I gamed.
  5. Kaedian66 Active Member

You can either download the game that way, or dl the complete game. This is toggled via the Advanced Settings button on the launcher.

Advanced Settings > Select Game Version > (toggle) Full Download
  6. Sudedor Well-Known Member

If you want to use the broker, the easiest way is to become an all access member. There may be other ways, but I'm unaware of what they are. I know becoming an all access member will do it.
  7. jn2002dk New Member

All access members have full access to the broker but you can also purchase broker tokens in the cash shop if you'd rather pay only when you use the broker

Of course all access comes with lots of other benefits
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

1. I am more a solo player: There is so much content it will be a very long time before you get even close to doing everything.

2. I am a big mount/pet collector: There are many you can get in game through quests or from venders. There is also a nice collection on the marketplace for a decent price. If you are a subscriber, do what I do and save your SC for what you want.

3.Housing is good in this game?How u obtain the items? Some housing can be obtained with loyalty points, some in game by paying rent, and some on market place. You can craft a great many things to decorate your houses with and there are many housing item quest rewards. Of course, there is also furniture on the Marketplace and we have some fantastic artists' in the player studio who are very open to creating items asked for.

4. Im from EU playing on a NA shard will have me latency issues? Not sure on most populated server

5.How much time it takes to fully download and install the game? Depending on your connection, it can be really quick, I know when I had to reinstall I was surprised how little time it took.

I absolutely love this game and now with the all access subscription you can play other games that SOE has. I don't see myself ever getting bored with this game.

The community here is the best I've seen in any MMO I've played!

Welcome to EQ2!
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

You can do a ton of quests as a soloer, as in thousands of quests. Housing is the best I've seen because it's full of creative buildings and spaces, plus we have a ton of furniture to buy or make. I've no clue about the lag issue potential.

Cities have house pet merchants, you can also quest or buy follow you around type pets. Same with mounts, I've got ten or so from questing, working on another one, too. :)