New player server choice

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Pheebe, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Pheebe New Member

Hey everyone,
    As a new player, I was wondering what you guys think would be a good place to start playing? Like what server type or indeed if there is a specific server that everyone is at?
    Also I am in EU, but it suggested the US servers by default, and it seems there's a lot more US servers, so perhaps everyone is just playing on the US servers?
    Thanks in advance!
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

Try the European server (EU may not be an accurate description any more) and see if you like it - what do you have to lose? Population was fairly low but with so many people stuck at home it may be rising.

If you try a U.S. regular server try Maj'Dul. You will probably want a higher population server since prime European playing hours are 4-6 hours earlier than U.S. and on a low population server you may not find many people on. At least after the current crisis dies down which Gods willing it will.

If you are a subscriber (Member) you get the choice of some of the special servers. The time-locked one has a high population and especially a lot of people doing the content at the highest available level the server is up to. Content that will be mostly empty anywhere else. On the other hand you may have a long wait to get up to current content and leveling is slower and more laborious there.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

A quick note that today is a maintenance day, so there may be some patience required to get up and running.
    Saw-Lau and Breanna like this.
  4. Pheebe New Member

Alright thanks for the advice, I think I'm just ending up at Maj'Dul then :)
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  5. VonDrevon New Member

I came back to the game and made a character that I have leveled to 25 on maj'dul but I noticed the economy is bonkers for a fresh start on the server. Everything is crazy expensive and I don't know how I can possibly get a foothold on it. Would playing on a newer server like Rivervale help with that or is the economy crazy there too?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

You will probably find that prices are far lower, the broker has very little available, and many things that sell on other servers do not sell there since almost no one plays below level 95. Rivervale has had an extremely low population with total server numbers often under 50. Maybe things have picked up lately though.

Note that if you have Overseer available you will occasionally get things that sell for a lot on Maj'Dul - sometimes millions of platinum. If you do not - harvest materials or collect shinies and sell them. At your level coin should not be an issue you can get far more than a level 25 should need by selling things to rich high levels.

Note that if you need, well want may be a more accurate word, better than quest gear and it is too expensive on the broker you can always go into a level-agnostic dungeon and pick up quite a bit tailored to your level. For experience Stygia is far and away the best it can get yo to level 75-80 with great speed but for gear Crypt of Agony is ideal since one run produces around eight chests with gear in them and often ability books.
    Saw-Lau likes this.