New Player Questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Synria, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Synria New Member

I've decided to give EQ2 another go since I haven't tried it since launch. What's a good server for newer folk to start on?
  2. Faelynn Active Member

The most populated servers would probably be your best bet. I believe those would be Antonia Bayle (frequently referred to simply as AB) or Freeport.

Should you decide to check out Freeport, look me up in game. I'm online mainly in the evenings & on weekends. Faelynn is my main, and if you look me up on EQ2U, I have several alts linked to myself there too. Or, type "/who all autonomous" to find my guildmates, vast majority of us are newb friendly :)

Edit: Wow, I can't believe the common alternative spelling of "newb" is a filtered word here o_O
  3. Natsume Member

noob

Sorry, had to try it. Anyway, JOIN Freeport! :)
  4. Synria New Member

Sounds good to me, Freeport it is~ :3

Are in-game chat commands pretty much the same as EQ1 then with things like /w all "guildname" and what not?
  5. Synria New Member

Bump.

If you buy mounts/cosmetic outfits/etc. from the SC store, do they go into /claim or directly onto the character you're on when you buy the item(s)?

Also, are these items trade-able between other characters on the same account once used?
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

SC Items are moved directly to your Inventory.
    Any item with the HERILOOM tag is tradable between characters on the same server.
  7. Andariel Member

Outfits and stuff go directly to inventory as Estred said. Although once you put em on it attunes them to you so cant be given to another character on the account later. So to answer your question i guess heh once you use it no you cant give to another character.
  8. Synria New Member

Thanks for the info =]