New Player Introduction & Quick Tradeskill Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by acampbell, Jun 7, 2017.

1. acampbell New Member

Hello everyone, just joined this game - brand new player, never played before in my life - and wanted to introduce myself!

At the moment I'm playing a Wizard to try things out and learn a bit, but planning to make a healer-type character on the new progression server when it's released!

I love older MMOs, grew up with Anarchy Online and thought I'd check this out and I'm completely loving it. Everyone I've spoken to has been very helpful and friendly.

I have a quick question to ask! If I want to make as much money as possible, what Tradeskill should I pick?

Thanks!
    Alastair.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath!

In most MMO's, I take a tradeskill that can provide armor for my main char, ie. Tailor, since you are a Wizzy. They also can provide backpacks, so can be handy. That said, later in the game, there will be plenty of options to get armor, so some choose Provisioner class, to be able to make food. Good food helps immensely as you progress through Norrath.

If I may suggest, join a Guild! That way, you can learn more about the game, ask questions and guildies generally can help out with the items you cannot make.

May your paths be fair and your pints be full,

Kitty
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Actually, I would pick the one which makes spells for your class. You can farm your own mats and make your own Experts and Master level spells that way. Just a suggestion.
    Leonitas likes this.
  4. Marilia Active Member

Welcome to EQ2! It's always nice to see new people try the game!

As the others have stated, Provisioner, Tailor, and Sage are all very good choices. As for making money I'd almost lean towards Provisioner, but I don't know the economics on all the servers and for the TLE it can be hit or miss at the start. Others may have better suggestions on how to make money on a TLE server.

One thing that seems to hold true on any server is farming shinies (Collectibles) and selling them on the broker. Some can fetch a pretty penny. I would hazard to bet that farming rares (for making mastercrafted gear/weapons or expert lvl spells) can also bring in some nice coin too on a TLE server.

Again, welcome to the game!
  5. acampbell New Member

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and advice.

Following the advice I received here and in other places, I have chosen to walk the path of the Sage, to make my own spells and (maybe make a little bit of coin selling others on the open market!)

Thanks everyone :D
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Slight correction. You cannot craft Master level spell upgrades, they are drop/broker only. If you find a Master upgrade book, though, you can use it to craft the Grandmaster version, providing you have found some pretty rare harvest components (which can also be broker purchased), and have learned the Grandmaster recipe (available as drops, and from Research Assistants).
  7. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

Great choice, as sage can do journeyman and expert level spells for mages(your wiz) and healers, so both your toons will be covered. Oh u said on fallen gate. I might suggest you practice one for now. A druid might be optimal for you, now, and on tle. I am partial to furies, myself. Dps, hots, oh and that druid portal will come in handy, esp on the likely slow travel tle server. Any way u play, remember to have fun and surround yourself with like minded friends! Good luck!
    Prissetta, Enoibia and Finora like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I've got nothing to add about making money, but I did want to say welcome to the game!