new player here

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by manasama10, Dec 3, 2014.

1. manasama10 New Member

hello i am new to eq2 and i have some questions.

1. should i join a high populated eu server or a lower populated one?
    2. can i still play end content or am i to late to the game for that?
    3. is necromancer a good starter class? since i want to control skeletons

thanks in advance.
    Tarnorili likes this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath friend :) I hope you will like it and stay.
    As for server its up to you totally. I'm Swedish playing on US Antonia Bayle becuz I want to play on a high populated server. I used to play on EU Everfrost but that server was too dead IMO.
    If you choose my server i will show you around and get you started :)

As for class choice its all a matter of playstyle and taste. Necromancers doesn't get fun untill later lvls. For a new player i would recomend a solo friendly class such as shadowknight, paladin, brigand, warden, fury, inquisitor, mystic or berserker. Lots of other classes can be great at soloing once specced for it aswell. If you decide to buy the mercenary feature the any class will be solo friendly :)

You have loads of time to get into end game. There has just been a new xpac release so current end game is new to us all :)
  3. manasama10 New Member

hey tharrakor thank you for the info :)
    are there any european players on that server? since it would be awful if there are no guilds or groups for end game around our time due to people still at work in the usa for example
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Something you should know before rolling a necromancer is that EQ2 necromancers don't have skeleton pets like they did in Everquest The get a choice of 3 different pets to summon, one is a ranger type, one a caster (that one seems to be the most powerful one since it tends to blow up everything in your path) and a tank type pet.

No farming bone chips, and no skeletons at all now. Shadowknights don't even GET a pet in EQ2.
  5. manasama10 New Member

will take another look at the classes then , thanks for the info
  6. ingenius Member

can always use a pet illusion for whatever you want.
  7. manasama10 New Member

alright , any recommendation to what server to pick? i am an eu player
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

There are yes. I am in a guild called United European Alliance. We are mostly euros but also a few Americans. We are doing end game but we are however not doing end game raiding. We are a progressive raid guild, meaning that they are raiding tier by tier. Atm doing lvl 80 raids so the raid toons are
    lvl locked at 80. There is however no requirement to participate in these raids, I do not and neither is several others.
    Its a nice casual guild with friendly players and we enjoy a lot of guild groups in end game. If you are interested feel free to look us up with the find guild tool on our server.
  9. manasama10 New Member

the game is downloading right now , i will look on the find guild tool when i am logged in :)
  10. manasama10 New Member

i do not see you guild listed on the guild finder
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

12. manasama10 New Member

13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

On most servers there are more guilds than the guild tool supports. It's best to just contact someone in the guild directly. You can find them by typing /who all guildname
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

when you are logged on add the following to your friends list:
    Ipocatty, Pentateuch, Notso, Despicableme, Piccolopete, piaf and just grab any of these online and tell em Rex found ya ;D

Or you could just do what Dulcenia said and type /who all united eurpean and it will show you the ppl online at the moment.

What is your in-game name?
  15. manasama10 New Member

i am in the guild now thank you both for all the help , in game name is tyranion :)
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Welcome then new friend :) I hope ill see you in game tomorrow and allow me to fullfill my promise bout getting you started :)
  17. Tarnorili Member

Your third point made me laugh. Welcome to the game.