New player here, need some opinions

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-MadProphet, May 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-MadProphet Guest

Hi Everyone-
    Just returning back from a LONG time away (4 years or so?) i'm starting over, and doing recruit a friend with a couple of pals from my wow guild.
    I had rolled a guardian, and was having fun with it.. but coming here, i'm seeing there's a lot of QQ from the guardian community. I guess I want to know whether or not I should reroll to a crusader now, or ride it out. How hopeful are you that changes will be made to make guardians needed and viable again?
    Thanks for your tips. My toon is only level 10 atm, but if the devs aren't going to come through for this class, I'll reroll paladin.
    -Drazlin
  2. ARCHIVED-Shorcon Guest

MadProphet wrote:
    I would suggest rolling the guardian and helping us get what we deserve. Some of the QQ is unsupported and not quite fact. Much of it is infact true. If you are looking for easy button roll an SK. That is what they have become. If you want challege stick with the guardian. If you want something in between roll a zerk/pali. Guardians will eventualy get there due. It's just a matter of enough guardians complaining. The problem has been that not enough guardians are involved. There are under 900 guardians at cap atm. They are the second least played class in game. There are over 2.5k SK's. Most played by a few hundred. Guardians that put up a fight over time have given up and rerolled SK or other classes. Read up throughout the boards. Ask tons of questions. Get to know who is blowing smoke and who actualy knows whats going on. Either way you go you are still taking part in the best game ever made. Enjoy, and welcome back.
  3. ARCHIVED-MadProphet Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    Thanks! Yeah, I know (oh believe me, I know) that most forum QQ is hyperbolized and lacks real data to back it up. Basically I want to have fun while tanking my way up to the top and not end up unable to tank in raids as a result. I have flashbacks to old school EQ1 (pre kunark), and leveling a paladin up only to find out they couldn't tank.
    Thanks for your help, I will keep with the guard i guess for now.