New player, couple quick questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zurrielle, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Zurrielle New Member

Hello! As I assume you gathered from the title, I am just starting the game. I thought I would play around a bit first on the regular servers to make sure I enjoy the game, and if so I would subscribe to play the legacy/classic/whatever its called server. Should I just start leveling from level 1, or I believe there's an option to start at 100 right? Also, any recommendations on classes that would be good starting out for a noob?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

If you've never played before, I highly recommend not boosting to 100. Learn the classes through leveling and you will be less likely to be overwhelmed or choose a class you don't like. I recommend starting on Antonia Bayle server, where there are a couple progression guilds that focus on lower level content.
    Soara2, Pixistik, Seefar and 3 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Totally agree with Dude, start from level 1 try out different types of characters until you find one you like. I started with a Paladin, very easy to solo with, of course Soara2 will tell you to do a Shadowknight LOL If you plan on joining a guild it won't really matter what you finally chose they will/should help you no matter what class you pick.

Welcome to Norrath and I hope you enjoy your journey. It's a wonderful game and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Soara2, Pixistik, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Show ! And enjoy the game.
    Soara2, Pixistik, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath. Play around as Dude said until you find a character you like. You really need to take them to at least 20 before you will start getting a feel for whether you like them or not. You can make as many free accounts as you like so you don't even need to delete them as you create them unless you really hate them.

The point is to enjoy the journey and have fun. Make some friends, join a good, friendly guild that will help you along the way.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Roflmao. Omg you totally know me. Shadow knight..Heck yeah. Fury is a blast if you want a healer. Necro for caster type and I don't play scouts so someone else chime in there. Would also love to see you stay on live. Skyfire server is my home. Paladins are okay, at least the ones like Breanna
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.