New Pet Wand/Appearance Gear/Mount Interface

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pixiewrath, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

All this appearance gear, pet wands and mounts are taking up space.

Ok, the mount window has fixed a lot of space. But it could still be improved. By making it account bound instead of character bound. So all of your characters can access all mounts you've collected so far. The following interfaces should be account bound as well.

As for pet wands and appearance gear, I really wish we had separate windows for those, kind of like the collection windows.

You right click a petamorph wand/appearance gear part and choose "Add to collection" and it goes to the collection window. Instead of being a collectible though, it can be used from that window without taking up space. Once it's added, it will always be there. And cross-characters. Most of the wands and app gear is heirloom anyway so making it account bound would make things smoother.

The petamorph wands could be sorted by name and/or pet type. I.e. undead, animal, robot, etc etc....

The appearance gear collection window should be sorted by the name of the set. And all gear with an "appearance-only" tag should be able to be put in there.

Adding a helm (for example) to a set should fill in the appearance slot for that set.

Add some achievements for collecting full sets while at it. The one from ToFS for example is pretty neat. Or the one from the halloween event, gotten in the maze.

This would help us to collect appearance armor crates and actually open them instead of letting them lie unopened in our storages due to the sheer space they take.

This collection window should override the appearance gear window, making it the first priority when loading the models.

First it checks if you've enabled something in the collection window, then the appearance gear, and finally the "real" gear equipped.

Items with stats will probably still take up a lot of inventory space but that is understandable at least since they have a real use.

But having the entire storage full of items that are appearance-only doesn't make much sense.

Finally, since you can make items appearance-only by removing adornments from them, there should be a last section for "custom appearance items" where you can add whatever you want and give that section, say 100 slots or so.

This would streamline the gameplay experience and give us more free space for whatever we need.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to further improve this?

Do you like the idea?
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

+ 1 for petamorph wand window tab just like the one we have for mounts, as for being it account wide not sure how easy it would be for them to do that.
    And I already read about people asking for appearance tab where we can store outfit sets, and not sure maybe its coming with new expansion ? Sorry I read it somewhere but don't remember exactly.
  3. Pixiewrath Active Member

I'd rather have it look like a modified version of the collections window. The mount window we have now is pretty easily cluttered up. It doesn't matter if they are organized alphabetically if you can't remember the name of them.

If mounts/wands/appearance gear was sorted in categories it would be easier to find things.