New person saying Howdy

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Xamia, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Xamia New Member

Howdy everyone!

I am just starting my adventure today. I can't wait to see what will happen. I am sure I will be overwhelmed. I am sure I will be frustrated. I am sure people will run away screaming and slandering my name. But the excitement is great!

I am curious if there are server discords where one can join and ask questions. I looked over a bunch of the other new player threads and see the recommendations to join a guild as soon as possible. I will have to see if I can find one that is looking to answer questions.

I picked shadow knight to play. I am hoping it will be as fun as Everquest to play. Server I picked to play on is Maj'Dul. If you want to chit chat or offer friendly advice feel free to reach out. My characters name is Xamia.

Please don't send goodies. While they are appreciated, I would rather any knowledge and wisdom you would like to impart even more.

Thank you! And here's to starting. I have to go now....the ships captain wants to talk to me.
  2. Neranya Member

Shadowknight? Excellent choice! (SK was my main when I played Everquest and I basically re-created her for this game too). I think EQ2 is more solo friendly than EQ. I also like this games crafting system better.

When you start adventuring in Norrath it can be easy to get overwhelmed by all the quest givers out there. Everyone wants to give you a quest. Almost like it was designed that way. ;) You don't HAVE to do every single one (unless you want to, of course). Go at your own pace. The main thing is, enjoy yourself. Don't let the game turn into 'work' (which many MMO's can easily become). I believe you'll find the players to be helpful and friendly, willing to answer questions.

eq2.fandom is a great source of information for EQ2. You can also download a program called EQ2Maps to upgrade your maps (lots more info on those maps).

Enjoy!
    Soara2, Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hi there :) Welcome! You will have lots of fun, great game! I agree for sure about downloading EQ2 Maps I couldn't live without it. You can find it on EQ2 Interface.
    Enjoy your journey and happy hunting!
    Soara2, Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome to Norrath! Stay away from the Look and Feel forum. Protect your sanity!
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Seriously though, take his advice.
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  6. Xamia New Member

Thank you everyone for the information. I had a blast last night playing. Trying out the good guy side today!
    Carynn, Soara2, Dude and 2 others like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hey you two no fair picking on us like that, we are great, awesome, fabulous, wonderful people. Ttobey even made a list of all his favorite people and most of us are on it.
    Geroblue, Soara2, dreamweaver and 2 others like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath!!

We are not that bad. Ttobey is our head Looker and Feeler!!!

I wouldn't download EQ2Maps right now as it is as third party UI and they are being turned off on the 22nd so that DBG can do internal testing. I would wait until the third party UIs are turned back on, that way you do not get used to it, just to have it turned off on you.

If you are playing on Kaladim, you can ask questions of any member of Court of the Blood Rose, they will be happy to answer your questions if they can, and if you wish to join the Court, you can discuss that with them as well.

The Discord server for the Court is: https://discord.gg/kMuDzM6

Have fun that is what you are here for and enjoy your journeys, if you need any help shout to Salem, Razoran, Cyrrena, Valarian, Sirreena, Estoxia, Dhark, Sacorian, Asyn, Mercy, or Naien. All of these are on Kaladim except Cyrrena, she is on AB.
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Technically, I was attacking Ttobey, the rest of you are lovely.
    Geroblue, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you :p So then you're on our side and Ttobey is a meanie head LOL
    Geroblue, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wait What!?
    You made the list.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I make every list.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  13. Xamia New Member

You all are hilarious!

I guess I was wrong about having never played. Apparently I bought this game long long ago...in a Norrath far away. Looked at the claim thing and there is ton of stuff there!
    Geroblue, Cyrrena, Carynn and 4 others like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nice, that will help you get started :)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't worry, that is his list of his most favorite people!! I am number 6 and Breanna is number 7!!
    Soara2, Geroblue and Breanna like this.