New Necro: Tainted Heals Question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD Guest

I've been looking around the boards, but I haven't really seen an answer to this question. Any necros out there have any decent macros for triggering tainted heals? I read in another thread that a popular way to trigger tainted heals is using "Mortality Mark" by casting it and then cancelling it quickly. Can one set-up a macro to cancel an ability like "Mortality Mark" so you don't have to try and right click it away on the screen?
  2. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

I'm not sure how the macro system works entirely, but I'm not sure this would work unless the commands wait for the ones prior to finish. Mortality Mark has a cast time and I think that a macro that cancled it would try to fire off before the buff was even on you, forcing you to do a second button press anyway.
    I could be wrong on that. But this is all assuming there is a macro command to cancel buffs to begin with, which I haven't heard of any. Sorry I cannot give any information other then speculation, though I am curious to see what others have to say who actually have the knowledge on the subject.
  3. ARCHIVED-GoblinTown Guest

Just cast any of your Manipulation spells to trigger it. I tend to use chains of torment to trigger it most of the time as it's fairly quick and it's recast isn't bad.

If you are fighting a ^^^ mob or a group of 5-6 regular mobs at once, one spell isn't going to cut it and you really need to make use of the rest of your manipulations. You have a number of them, don't be afraid to use them.
    I have chains set to 2 and the rest of my manipulations set as Ctrl2-Ctrl whatever (can't recall atm) and tap into them as needed.
    In the end, it all depends on what you are trying to do and what you are fighting at the time. My suggestion. Hotkey all of your ministrations in a place that you can access them easily and see what's up and what's not at a glance and make use of them. Take note of the casting times and recasts. (right click, examine)
  4. ARCHIVED-Karelyn Guest

Mortality Mark is a toggleable spell , so the simplest way to cancel it is just to hit the hotkey for the spell a second time. You can do this while another spell is casting and it will switch it off immediately without interrupting your casting.
    There is also a command for cancelling maintained spells :
    /cancel_maintained SpellName
    However it isn't convenient to macro this in with Mortality Mark , since if you add it before, then the recast timer won't be up , and if you add it afterwards , then the spell won't have finished casting yet and the command won't do anything.
  5. ARCHIVED-kukiake Guest

I would suggest using Siphoning of Souls and Mortality Mark, since they work on epics as well. If you don't want to think about canceliing, you can put /cancel_maintained Mortality Mark on the hotkey you use for Siphoning of Souls and the /cancel_maintained Siphoning of Souls to the hotbar which will cast Mortality Mark.