New Necro "Fun" spell question.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ozzymoto, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ozzymoto New Member

Short story: New Necro. Arasai. lvl 40ish. Got the Nylphs bone/misty/zombie spells. Cast them, nothing happens except he Shimmers for about 2 seconds. Are the spells no longer working? Race specific? or bugged? Anyone know? Thanks.
  2. Bloodlich Member

Are your illusions turned off?
  3. Ozzymoto New Member

Not using any. The only thing I have is my robe for appearance. No illusions of any kind.
  4. Bloodlich Member

Hmm, strange. Are you on a mount while trying to cast these fun spells? I'm logged in now and just tested these spells and they're working but they won't show up while you're mounted.
  5. Ozzymoto New Member

I thought the same thing. Tried casting on and off mounts. Got rid of any appearance items. Can't figure it out. Haven't seen any other issues about it in any forums or online anywhere. Thinking I may just be bugged. Going to try and validate my game files and restart. Thanks for your quick response and info. Ill let you know what I find out if anything.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

You missunderstood :)
    In your character windows, choose the "option" signet and make sure you haven't the "Hide my Illusion" box checked.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

Reasons illusions might not show: You have them hidden (Ragna explained that)
    You're on a mount
    You already have an illusion on (lich form, specifically)

Otherwise, I've used all of these and they all work fine for me as long as i have illusions showing, lich off, and mount off.
  8. Ozzymoto New Member

Yep, I'm a total knucklehead. Had to change to show illusions. That simple. Thanks for the help guys. Just one of those things that is so obvious that I didn't think about it.