New/More Hair styles!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Ananasa, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

Ok. So last night I was trying to pick a hair do for my Teir'dal (dark elf)
    There are a few hair styles I like. But what I don't understand why can we have the option to use other races hair styles? I.E. I like alot of the High elf hair styles and also a few of the Barbarians. I hate to compair games. But... In WoW they had released something into the game where you could see in an ingame barber to do your hair up. They created a few new looks but also reused alot of the other races hair styles.
    I don't know if I'm the only one that feels that way. Even if there could be new hair styles to revamp the characters a bit i would be happy :D

I don't know if the was a topic brought up before in the past. I would kinda like to know what SOE thinks about this though ^.^
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Hair is on the list of the graphics dev (Imago-Quem) to revamp. Until he gets to revamping it I doubt you'll see any new hairstyles... but once he does I'm sure there will be a lot new =)
  3. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

id like to see new hairstyles as well, on my arasai i only liked ONE style.(the shady siren) and on my dark elf i only liked one hairstyle as well (the braid when in alternate model)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It would be nice to have some more "normal" hairstyles for once. Almost every hairstyle in the game would require at least an hour to effectively prepare every day.
    Why can't we just let our hair down straight?
  5. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

i agree i feel bad for my Teir'dal. She has the Flayers crown. Girlfriend be there infront of her mirror for 4 hours getting that do up. Who has time for adventuring when you're fighting the epic battle with hairspray and a brush!.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Trust me, sometimes it would take more than mere hair products to reproduce the magical hairstyles we get to sport in game. ;) Just ask the professional wig-stylist I worked with to create the wig I wore for Fan Faire as my Teir'Dal. We couldn't even get it to stand up as high as it does in game with wire. Maybe if we used a sheet of aluminum under it...
    Anyway, yeah, being able to pick and choose new hairstyles, maybe at the barber, would be a nice addition.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

I personaly would love more "everyday" style of hair. What happend to the day of a good old pony tail with bangs off to the side. Ya know? I want the teir'dals hair style in the eq2 video. I understand its fantasy. But having a basic hair style would be nice. Other than the braid. The Braid always renders weird on my characters. On other people it looks fine. I dont know why though. *shrugs* Only race it doesn't is high elves. any who.

But I think an ingame barber with new hair options would be great or even straight at character creation. I would be ok with allowing all the hair styles for all characters. I mean. It would be funny to see a male barbarian with a half elf mohawk. ^.^
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

to help out with gathering enchanted grotto collections yesterday, I decided to create an ogre just for the heck of it. I gave her "The War Flames" hairstyle, and quickly realized that the hairstyle actually made her look fairly charismatic. I know Ogres are suppose to be ugly and all, but this hairstyle was so simple and is actually doable in real life, that it made her at least look female.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I know exactly the one you are talking about. Ya I like it too. I have made a few Ogre alts for similar reasons. I like the Rallosian Witch hair style too. That one is some what do able in real life too.
  10. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

but what about the races that dont have hair....
    more scale patterns for iksar would be nice thogh.
  11. ARCHIVED-lameforumhandle Guest

This would make me very happy. I play mostly one race, and there are only a couple hairstyles I really like for them. I don't like having duplicate hairstyles but have no choice (other than a helm).
    Some of the hairstyles are just weird, ugly, and badly drawn. Nobody uses them- even for dramatic effect.
  12. ARCHIVED-Silerua Guest

I am definitely all for new hairstyles. I really only play one character, Aurelis, but I do have an alt that I am not satisfied with any hairstyle for her. That's the problem with trying to bring an OC into a game. *LOL* I would definitely like some normal hairstyles. And bangs. There are some styles that I was browsing through that I thought would be great if only there were bangs. Maybe that's just me, though.
    My only request is that hairstyles not get taken away. The hairstyle that I picked for Aure is absolutely perfect on so many levels that I totally, totally love it, and would be sad if I lost.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

I think more scale/fur paterns would be great or for the Kerra and Ratonga maybe more accessories. The ones that are there are not to bad. But there is always room for more!

Teir'dal only have maybe 2 or 3 hair styles i like. I don't really like most of the male hair styles. Except for maybe a few barbarian and half elf ones. I too am also for bangs I think that alot of the females and males get jipped with that. I also would like to see longer hair that goes past the shoulders. Thats just me. Something can be said for a woman with long hair! ^.^
  14. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

An interesting throught yet i highly doubt it'll ever be in.

the fur races can have fur styles, I mean, i'm sure ratonga and others would fix up their fur in some way. it'll be short, but it could have some details.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

I agree. I would love to see a ratonga or a Kerra with a hair style. I think they would allow their hair to grow on their head to be able to style it in diffrent ways.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You have Fur though. That in itself is hair. I've never heard of an animal growing his fur to the point that it's whole body would need a haircut on a regular basis.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ananasa Guest

I have a dog that requires hair cuts almost on a monthly basis. He's a Shih Tzu. :) It can happen :D
  18. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

hmm what about simba from the lion king? in little form he has this wierd cowlick thing going on.. you can have that
  19. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I'd like more jewelry options for female ratongas and kerrans. The only ratonga options that looks femine to me, are the hoop earrings, so if I want to make a 2nd ratonga, lol they pretty much have the same look. More fur pattens, too please, with more color choices.
  20. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

more Iksar scale patterns male and female.