New Merchant in Thalumbra, missing caster belts cloaks?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, May 17, 2016.

1. Enigma Active Member

Ethereal green adornments.
  2. Carni Active Member

I'm really pleased to hear that we won't be chasing ethereal weapons this summer. I was fortunate to obtain one off the vendor for a really great price, but that was only after losing rolls on six in groups. Hopefully, whatever the items are this summer, randomness won't be the way to obtain them.
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I'm sensing Ethereal Codpieces....just saying
    Azian, Runamuck and Kander like this.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

...and possibly ethereal chastity belts
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm guessing it will be the same random method, just a different slot.
    Azian likes this.
  6. Slick1155 New Member

So while its great they added these today, why are the DC and the scout ones 4x the currency and 10x the status as the tank belts/cloaks? Clearly all my melee toons will get the tankish ones for a much cheaper price. The small bump in dps or attack speed to me isn't worth it at this point. Was this intended?
  7. Billyrayy Active Member

Yeah whats up with the pricing?
    Chiffon likes this.
  8. Kaarkula Active Member

How much status/coin are the new DC ones... haven't been able to log in yet.
  9. Billyrayy Active Member

350 coin 1.5mil status for DC or scoutish ones, tankish ones are 85 coin, 100k status
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The price hike penalizing Casters is clearly punitive...come on man.
    Runamuck and Chiffon like this.
  11. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

actually that cheap.
  12. Kaarkula Active Member

my bad I was reading that as 100 million status... still weird that it so much more
  13. Healious Active Member

yeah it is, but the fighter ones are a whole lot cheaper for some reason.
    Daalilama likes this.
  14. Carni Active Member

Took me ninety minutes to get enough coin to buy the scout one, my thanks for making it available because the raid drops is just far too rare.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Thand Well-Known Member

Ethereal Temp adorns ;)
  16. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

ok :)
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Ethereals broke the game. They should have never added those items, especially the AoM ones. Best in slot item should require hard work and i do not think farming/grinding the same stuff over and over again qualifies as hard work.

DBG really need to restore balance. Want to put in super OP items in the game then by all means do so but ramp up the difficulty in getting them.

Pre-nerf avatar encounter drops
    Mythicals 1.0 (which btw is long overdue for a 2.0 revision)
    PoW cloaks

All these for their level were no joke to get and only players who persisted and worked hard, deservedly got them.

Having either ethereal weapons or runes right now will make an average player look great. This should never be the case. I have always valued EQ2 as being "Skill of players > Gear" -- this is not the case currently.

Granted this would actually require DBG to put in some work on novel content. Whether that is at all possible/feasible for them is an entirely another case but given how they went about putting the Ethereals in game last time around, i would not hold my breath for getting something new and worthwhile.
    Billyrayy, Fozziex, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  18. Chiffon Active Member

Seems as though someone had an issue with decimal places and common math when the mage/caster items were added. Are the prices on the caster/double cast belts and cloaks recently added going to be adjusted to match the same stat belts and cloaks for the tanks/flurry items that were placed on the vendor in the beginning?
  19. Veta Well-Known Member

It would be nice if some mitigation ranged items were added for tank classes, such as the mitigation thrown from Tinderton.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The +Mit throwing item from Tinderton is already on there though? Or are you after a bow version?