New Marketplace Items, Exclusively from Player Studio!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

These Marketplace items have all been designed by artists in Player Studio! Tim Mathews, Vandrago, and Cambrian Man created this week’s items.

The items created by Tim Mathews should appeal to those with a darker view of the world. These dramatic pieces are designed with the most evil Norrathians in mind.

Cloak of Dark Possession
    [IMG]
    Cathedra of the Dead
    [IMG]

Vandrago has designed three luxurious cloaks that would complement the armor of any brave, seasoned adventurer!
    Cloak of the Beast
    [IMG]
    Nagafen’s Eye
    [IMG]
    Cloak of Kaladim
    [IMG]

Finally, Cambrian Man creates for the gnomes and the gnomishly-inclined with this lively new house item!
    Tinkered Autowagon

Do you want to use your artistic talents to impact the ever-changing world of Norrath? Player Studio provides artists exactly that opportunity! Available in EverQuest II, as well as EverQuest and Free Realms, Player Studio gives you the chance to share your creative vision and leave a permanent mark on the game worlds you love to inhabit. For more information about Player Studio, click here!
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yes, please to the first cloak and chair.. amazing! I love the darkness :D

As usual, I'm loving all the player made items.
  3. Lempo Well-Known Member

I can definately see my Warlock wearing that cloak of Dark Possession.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

ooh! A player made animated item? Neat! I like it!
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey everyone!

Quick clarification point -- the player designed the item, and the team added the animations. If you have questions about it, I'd swing by the Player Studio Forums. :)

Thanks!

~Dexella
  6. SandsMans Active Member

Wants to put the tinkered wagon in guild hall!

Does it explode like it does in the video??
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

I think the tinkered wagon has some right-click animations.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

Cloak looks very nice.

[IMG]
  9. Galldora Well-Known Member

I ADORE the tinkered autowagon! :D Thanks, Cambrian Man, for this very cute house item, which I purchased at first site. Thanks also to the animation team for all the stuff they added that makes it a FUN item. I bought it without knowing it was animated, and it was really fun to discover all the right-click options.

Just one thing -- I don't know how the minimum/maximum size of items is determined, but my only minor disappointment is that even at max size it is still pretty small. Yes, I understand, gnomes are small and this is a gnomish wagon, but it would be great if it could be sized up a bit for larger characters. I was hoping to use it in my yard in Tenebrous, sort of as an anchor for my store, but it would probably need to be at least twice as big to have the visual effect I was hoping for.

Even at the current size, I still love the little wagon and will have no problem at all finding a use for it, but if the max size could be a bit larger I'd probably need at least a few of these wagons.;)

Cambrian Man, I hope you are busy cogitating up some more tinkered toys...I guarantee you have at least one fan who is eagerly awaiting your next invention.
  10. Galldora Well-Known Member

So after posting above, I went searching to find out how item size is determined in Player Studio, and found this comment by Haohmaru, a developer, in the player studio forums:

There are a few things that can influence the final scale we export at though - most notably texture fidelity. A submission that will be released soon, which the author may have intended for a humanoid scale, simply wouldn't hold up if we exported it that big (polygon and texture fidelity). So we opted to scale the item down and create a unique tinkered houseitem and added loads of particle (the item was SCREAMING for it [IMG] and animation effects/states to it. Our sole focus is the success of your items but we also need to maintain a fairly firm artistic bar no matter the source.

I guess I have my answer right there about item size, and apparently the wagon is as large as it can be and still look as good as it does. 'K then, no problem. It's a great wagon and just fine at the current size.
  11. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Is a Cathedra a torture-device chair featuring multiple catheters? Is that how the latin plural works?

:p
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

A Cathedr
    A Cathedra is the throne or chair a bishop or pope sits in...it's not a torture device (well,unless...no, leaving politics out of this..) The player made one indicates a very evil religious experience, indeed.

I love the wagon!
    Ahma likes this.
  13. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So... can the exploding wagon kill you if you're standing too close to it? ^_^

Those cloaks are gorgeous, especially Nagafen's Eye and Cloak of the Beast! Just need to decide which char will like them best...
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

That wagon is awesome, bought it as soon as I logged in this morning. Kudos to the player who made it! :)

Was surprised at the pricing of the cloaks, it's higher than the previous PS cloaks that were introduced.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

I believe players can suggest the price.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

or if i were to own a throne like that in a world like norrath those spikes would be for displaying certain MA15+ souvenirs from defeated enemies if you catch my drift.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Suggesting is not the same as forcing it to be so.. I took "suggesting prices" as "your suggestion will be taken into account and open to negotiation by the team if we don't concur". :) Maybe I made a bad assumption in thinking that because cloaks started out priced at 500SC they'd continue to be priced at 500SC! ;)

Nice cloaks anyway, don't get me wrong, was just surprised. :D