New Marketplace Items by Player Studio Artist CoffeeOutlaw

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Player Studio gives artists in the community a chance to leave a permanent mark on the worlds that they adventure in. In addition, when these items are sold in the Marketplace, SOE shares the profits from the sales of these items with the artist that submitted them.

There are three new items available this week in the EverQuest II Marketplace from Player Studio artist CoffeeOutlaw. Not only has he submitted great designs for in-game items, he has created discussion threads on the Player Studio forums detailing the design development for these items so other artists can see these items change from their original concept, into what was actually submitted via Player Studio for use in EverQuest II.

CoffeeOutlaw has been involved creating art for games for over ten years. Outside of creating art, CoffeeOutlaw has been a member of a punk band, has wrestled professionally, and considers himself a bit of a movie buff.

Of course, some of you are asking “what new items do we get in the Marketplace this week?” Here they are:

The Leatherback – by CoffeeOutlaw
    [IMG]
    Want to see The Leatherback design process? Check it out here.

The Leatherguard Shield – by CoffeeOutlaw
    [IMG]
    Want to see The Leatherguard Shield design process? Check it out here.

Elven Battle Axe – by CoffeeOutlaw
    [IMG]
    Want to see the Elven Battle Axe design process? Check it out here.

Do you want to use your artistic talents to impact the ever-changing world of Norrath? Player Studio provides artists exactly that opportunity! Available in EverQuest II, as well as EverQuest and Free Realms, Player Studio gives you the chance to share your creative vision and leave a permanent mark on the game worlds you love to inhabit.
    Kurisutaru, Feara and Margaret like this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Is Player Studio use still limited to USA residents only?
  3. CoffeeOutlaw New Member

Thanks, i had a lot of fun making these items, and look forward to making many more in the future.
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

Thank YOU CoffeeOutlaw! :)

Dulcenia, yes, it is still currently limited as far as submissions are concerned.
  5. CoffeeOutlaw New Member

took some more screenshots of some of my items,
    [IMG]
    Feara, Levatino and Dexella like this.
  6. CoffeeOutlaw New Member

7. Anonymous Decorator New Member

Nice work, picked up a couple pieces last night.

On a side note, it has been several weeks since decorators got some love - the last one being the acorn chest. Are we being written off? Not that I am complaining about the savings in my pockets the last several weeks, just wondering why you are neglecting the decorators with all the armor/weapon sales and no new house items or housing sales directed to the decorator crowd.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

With Player Studio items, it's all about what folks submit. If you have home decor items you're hoping to see, you might want to suggest them to the artists.

I can say that I've gotten a look at next week's Marketplace update, and there are some house items on it made by Player Studio artists, so you will have new fun options for your decorating adventures! :)
  9. gage666 New Member

shame soe cant put that into the game for free. shame this game has turned into pay to win
    Hammdaddy likes this.
  10. CoffeeOutlaw New Member

well if i did not get paid for my work these pieces would not be here for them to put in the game :) and i don't believe any of these items offer any advantage so these are not any kind of pay to win i think.

i'm not sure what biz you are in but i like to get paid for my effort, there's well over 40 hours of work put into this set.

if ppl have suggestion for future items let me know.
    Feara, Kurisutaru, Karrane and 2 others like this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

How, specifically, does an appearance item item help someone to win? :rolleyes: Is there some sort of prize handed out for best-looking weapon and shield now? :p
  12. Hammdaddy Active Member

What if we just removed station cash and housing?
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

hahaha Sure would free up a lot of my time:)
    Feara and Finora like this.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Sure. Let's remove advanced solo, heroic, and raid zones, too. I mean, why only put half the nails in the coffin? :rolleyes:
    Karrane likes this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

0o and where on SC store can I find this pay to win button, because I haven't seen it.

Anything Player Studio certainly deserves to be on the marketplace so the people who spent their time making it get some sort of compensation for the time they spent creating these things for other players to enjoy. I know I can't wait for some of the ones that haven't shown up yet but I've heard were approved. I just wish I had the skill to do some things myself =).
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Now you got me wondering what items you are anticipating lol.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Some of the ones you and Rawl have been posting in a thread on the forums =) Mostly that hobbit door though. OMG I NEED THAT THING.
    Feara likes this.
  18. Karrane Well-Known Member

Me too, Finora!!! I am really getting tired of sweeping out dead leaves and chasing little animals out of my "door-less" house!!
    I sure hope Rawl's door is one of the items for next week.
    Finora likes this.
  19. Anonymous Decorator New Member

Did they decide not to release anything new this week, I was looking forward to new house items?

I also noticed that SOE has stopped releasing housing items, or at least have not introduced anything to the players in the last few months. (Not talking about holiday items.) If I recall this time last year every other week there was a new house item being introduced, and now the only house items you seem to be keen on introducing is player created. Have you guys decided to not release any new SC house items and just once every two months put a player made house item on the marketplace?
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

Awesome work!

Coffee what do you have in the works for a killer looking mace? Not to big, not to small. Something that screams "Come! Get you some!" My female Mystic wants something new.