New Marketplace Items: Buccaneer Armor, Lace Cloak, and a Fishbowl!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

In addition to the items made by Norrath’s amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker), you can purchase an assortment of services, items, and features with Station Cash from the EQII in-game Marketplace, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available.
    New items are added to the Marketplace weekly. Here’s a look at the latest additions:
    Buccaneer’s Brawlin’ Armor Crate
    [IMG]
    Yo ho ho and a bottle o’ Kobold Rum! If it's the sea life ye be cravin', then ye need to deck yourself out accordingly! Look the part o' a buccaneer as ye voyage around Norrath, collecting your pieces of eight. If ye look like a landlubber, ye might end up walking the plank, swabby!
    Cloak of the Gentry
    [IMG]
    Assembled by the nimble fingers of talented Ratonga craft-rats, the lace adorning the Cloak of the Gentry is of the finest quality. Stylish and with the most delicate of appearances, we guarantee the Cloak of the Gentry will not rip or stain while adventuring.
    Apprentice’s Fishbowl

In gleaming gold with purple accents, the Apprentice’s Fishbowl is a soothing decorative asset to any home. Of course a fishbowl without a fish wouldn’t be quite right, so we have included a finny friend, at no extra charge! He’s an adorable fish, and a wee bit different… just don’t call him Blinky!
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

hahahahaha :D who thought up the fish! Really that is one of the better things I've seen in awhile. Most stuff is nice but that fish is sooo funny
    Really who thought it up? nice idea :)

I would like some fish for the fish tank *hint hint* :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Ciara52 wrote:
    From the What housing items do you want thread:

Cyliena wrote:
    I do buy a lot of Marketplace items, but I was under the impression that the purpose of that thread was to get more items obtainable in-game. I have to admit I'm disappointed and will no longer be contributing to that thread.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Is it not bad enough that the items that can be made in game do not even compare to the look and quality of the SC stuff for the most part. They used the players to come up with the idea for this one, of course the first post in that thread was onto them, and the same sentiments were scattered throughout.
    I just stick to character slots and x-fer token items in there, did buy a crimson nightmare pegasus well because I had nothing available in game that i liked the looks of as much.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    I"m sorry for that :( I didn't know they were already around. Just thought it was very cute how it jumps out of the water
  7. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Ciara52 wrote:
    Not your fault, hon. Tradeskillers are beyond frustrated at seeing items on the SC store that should be either made or obtainable in game. The thread Cyliena linked is 19 pages of great ideas, most of which we figure will end up on the SC store "soon".
    If SoE only paid as much attention to fixing game problems as they do to adding "fluff" items, this game would be fantastic.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Many of the items already have ended up on the Marketplace. GU63 would have been an ideal time to add some of the ideas to crafted recipes or as quest rewards or on a faction merchant, whatever, but that didn't happen. Out of 19 pages of ideas a couple have been made available in-game the rest that have come into being have been on the Marketplace.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

still no Court of Djinn "Shimmering Citadel" prestige house zone open yet? when is that coming?
  10. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

The Cloak of the Gentry is pretty with the negative spaces in the design. It looks like a large doilie.
  11. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

(This is not meant to be a necro.)
    I was fiddling around with outfits in Beta, and got the Buccaneer one. And when I saw it on my character, the lightbulb went on. JARETH! Awesome!
    The oddly shaped collar, the rounded pauldron on just one shoulder, the exact shade of leather, and the skin tight pale leggings.
    It's a hard outfit to find clear pics on, but this sculpture depicts the outfit pretty accurately, other than the leggings being a bit too blue:
    http://dannarte.deviantart.com/art/...-Ooak-289106235
    The pic showing this outfit at the start of this thread does not do it the justice it deserves. This outfit looks very exquisitely designed, and much of that design just does not show in the pic. Cudos to the artist at SoE that designed this one!
    Had I not spent so much SC on the latest rebate sale, I would buy this one for one of my ratongas right now. Next double SC sale, it gets purchased though. And you don't have to have the pegleg either, as that awesome wide boot cuff is part of the legs. So only a proper brown smooth boot is needed I think to have a trully classy goblin king look.
  12. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I would just like to know what aversion the art team has to black clothing. I love these outfits, but they never come in black. And the ones that get *close* to black are often too grey, or have too many dealies on them.
    I'd love some of these items in JUST PLAIN OLD BLACK. Just black. That's all I ask.