New Installation 'Issues'

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by KaineTheDragoon, Nov 5, 2019.

1. KaineTheDragoon New Member

I am attempting to return to the game and have to do a fresh install and I have extremely limited bandwidth capabilities (3mbps dsl). When I run the launcher, it starts up nice and says "Preloading assets X/23,595 M (x%)."

Because full bandwidth cripples the internet capability of my whole household and there is no built in throttling that I can detect, I am using TMeter with a rule to throttle the launcher to 100kbps/sec (roughly 1/3 of my bandwidth). However, when I woke up this morning, there was no error message, but the "preloading assets x/23595 M (x%) disappeared, but the gold loading bars, presumably for each file it is transferring in the patching process, continues.

I am waiting for it to happen again so I can monitor the traffic to see if it is still transferring after the "preloading" text disappears, but does anyone know if it is continuing to patch even if the preloading assets disappears as long as the gold bars (not the main one, the sub ones I guess) continue to process?

I am leaving the house for 3 days and would like to patch while I am away, but we will have a house sitter and it might be rude to eat up all the bandwidth for a day and a half.

Any ideas?

Should I just login to game on low settings and let it continue to download?

Again, I am not receiving any error messages, the "preloading assets x/23595 M (x%)" just disappears.

*edit*

Pictures as it just did it again..

https://imgur.com/a/NNKhdBG

The small gold bar still appears that it is transferring files...

Also, the Traffic Monitor I have it is still processing traffic from the launcher.

Am I just being paranoid? I'd just like to play after returning from my time away and don't want to get disappointed when it is not done patching!
  2. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I think when it talks about preloading assets, it's defaulting to the streaming installation. You should be able to log in with the files you have so far, and get into a zone, but it's only going to load assets as needed. The alternative is to download the whole game before you can play. If you click down near the bottom of the launcher where it says US-English, you'll see the checkbox (IIRC).
  3. KaineTheDragoon New Member

Grumpy_Warrior, thanks! Found it :)
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Considering the streaming client is junk and you have low bandwidth as it is, you will want the full download. If you are going to be gone and having a house sitter, I would set it to use half the bandwidth and let the house sitter have the other half.
    Breanna likes this.