New Housing?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I missed this information somewhere, I apologize in advance for redundancy.

Yesterday, I was at the housing portal in South Qeynos, while browsing, I came across the following 3 prestige homes:

The Baubleshire

Fearful Retreat

Hall of the Champion

I could not find any information stating that these had ever been released in any expansion or gifted for Fan Faire, Live, etc. Of course I let out a *squeal* in my channel of friends and started *doing the Snoopy dance around the room*.

My friends immediately thought I had lost even more of my mind and when asked I told them and they said "that is what that squeal was for?" I said of course!!!!

I went and viewed every one of these homes, and met a couple of people that I have chatted with but not really played with as they were checking them out as well.

The Baubleshire home is fantastic and a must have!!! Ahhh the memories that home brought back, a complete Baubleshire without all the nasty creatures inside attacking citizens and destroying the buildings. Even the tunnel and dock are open. I will have to go and tour it again today as I didn't see the waterwheel.

The Hall of the Champion looked to me like simply the staging area for the Proving Grounds, nothing really special that I observed.

The Fearful retreat is a replica of that instance in Eidolon Jungle. There are trees with eyeballs, there are water features, I think 3 small buildings that can be entered, and the massive pyramid with fire walls behind it. Another very nice home. I could not find any way to enter the pyramid structure, just climb the steps to the top. I would assume a breakout could be done in such a way as to allow a teleporter to be placed inside of the pyramid but just touring I could not try that. With that being the largest and central most structure, there should be a way to enter it.

Go check them out my friends. Not sure if they are on the Test housing portal, I saw them on AB.

~C

*waves to Mirteen* Just in case he sees this post as he was touring the Baubleshire at the same time I was and he was just as thrilled.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  2. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Fearful Retreat if I am not mistaken is a LON reward and Hall of the Champion is some kind of recruiter reward but The Baubleshire seems to be new YAY !!
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is because I have never seen Fearful Retreat or Hall of the Champion on the portal before. And with Hall of the Champion looking like the staging area for the Proving Grounds that would seem to be a new home. If it is a recruiter reward, I need to find out what and how many I need to recruit to what or where. I am a house addict among being addicted to plushies, housepets, and mounts, and maybe one or two other things *blushes*. I will recruit my little Snarky Wood Elf behind off to get a house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The champion housing was for the refer a friend reward system when it was upgraded. That program was long ago removed. That's also where one of the rewards was a travel bell for a house. Or the white lion (like albreicht, if you know that mount).

The bell is nifty item, of course now with fast travel not as useful. You can see/use one in any of Cloudrat's travel dojo's.

edit to add : It's been years, hopefully I'm remembering correctly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Sharann Well-Known Member

Fearful Retreat is LoN.

I'd love to see those houses that were "Friend Reward", "LoN" or anything else to be obtainable via other means.
    Another bugger is upkeep for published homes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Treasure Hoards are your friends.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I posted this because I have been over the housing portal with a fine tooth comb for years and these 3 houses have never been on the portal before (meaning, within the last 5 years since my addiction for prestige homes began). I even have a list of the houses on the portal as I have visited every single house to decide upon which other prestige homes I want versus what I can obtain on the marketplace. *blushes*

My name is Cyrrena, I am ADDICTED to prestige homes, plushies, house pets and mounts.

I have reached the maximum number of homes I can have and refuse to relinquish any prestige home I already have purchased, claimed, or quested for, to obtain another. I need the maximum number of prestige homes I can have raised from 25 to probably 50 so it doesn't need to be raised again soon. And its not a worry about hoarding items, as most of these homes have nothing in them since I want to learn and become somewhat proficient with Jes'Dyr's editor before I place items in them. I have already relinquished my city homes to make way for prestige homes. This is all bank for DBG as I purchase the prestige homes with Cash whether through an expansion purchase or buying DBCash to purchase the deed, or both.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

they've been on portal Cyrrena, you can visit folk's decorated houses. Only "The Baubbleshire" is new
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.