New Fun Idea - Weekly Polls

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

So I had this thought that I wish Discord would allow us to do polls as decorators. And then I was like we can do them on the forums! I will try to keep up on these and do at least one a week, but I will not swear to it. :)

Sure they won't be calculated as well as they would be on an app but, it will open up fun discussions! (She hopes, with fingers crossed! ;))

We'll start with a simple one :

What is your least favorite house to decorate? (It can be city, prestige, LoN, an Inn Room etc.)
    and yes I will lead the charge with my own personal least favorite...
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

2 Words. Kelethin. Acorn.

The shallow floors. The rounded walls. That hideous bro-orange color. Ugh. :eek:
  3. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

Kerafyrm's Lair

On the side with the big different colored gems everything you lay down turns yellow. Blue things are green, purple things are brown and it all just looks awful
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Aabari Active Member

Any house that isnt aligned properly like the Opera House comes to mind
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG. Every size, from 2- to 7-rooms, yes. X-P

I don't mind the color; what I mind are the Hungry, Hungry Floors, especially once you get off the first/ground floor. "Ah! You're within a yard/meter of the wall? No item placement for YOU! :mad:"

Uwk
    who's also with Aabari, but it's in more layouts than just the Opera House (and the Mistmoore Estates is even worse, since the Obvious Lines on the floor don't line up/match up/etc. up to anything, even themselves). You'd think that the easiest thing in the known universe to draw using a computer would be a straight line, wouldn't you, even at a 45 degree angle... X-P
    Lunarosa likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another pet peeve is trying to re-skin the New Halas places; I've had particular fits with the 4-room places, where the room to the left as you enter the house, the one behind (not underneath) the staircase, is the problem child. Many's the time I've tried to do things with one or both walls, either the wall "between" the staircase and the room, or the room itself, whose wall would be on the other side of that one. Eaten Dividers and vertical Tiles! Sometimes showing, sometimes not (and the top stair, come to think, if you're trying to re-skin that one...)! Heaven help you if you're also re-skinning the ceiling in that room; Tiles poking through everywhere over the staircase! :-/

In the immortal words of Abner the Baseball: "Oh, it's brutal. :-/"

Uwk
    who frowns at that link; it's really spoilery in the title and description of the entry, so ignore that bit, but it's the original recording; imho, better than the later cartoon ;)
    Lunarosa likes this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

My least favorite. Hmmmm . . I have a love/hate relationship with quite a few houses . . But I would have to say the prestige house with the 3 beds in it. (I forget the name). Only decoed that house once. Can't stand it with its odd shape and HOW do you work around those frelling beds???
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

The Secluded Sanctum. I usually just build walls around the beds and hide them...unless of course your project calls for 3 insanely massive beds. :p
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! THAT one! Yeah, I remember touring the "open house" version; yeah, that would be a nightmare. X-P

At least they've now given us the insanely massive beds for our own use (like, Mistmoore Estate? Personal Grotto? ;->), but I don't think they'll see a lot of revenue from that place. X-P

Uwk
    who wishes they'd offer us others, guaranteed, on the Marketplace or Loyalty Merchant vs. that thing :-/