New Forgotten Crafting Scrolls?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I just got all these scrolls. I made every item on them. Can anyone tell me why these are level 5, but require level 40 crafting mats and fuels? All my other level 5 stuff requires elm, tin, etc.... But these require teak, ashen root, and fulginate... all of which are level 40 for a level 5 recipe...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Because there is no longer a crafting dev to keep track of consistency in the systems.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

because they wanted as good as everybody be able to make this .
    You can buy materials from the broker or craft in a guildhall .
    Just look at most festival recipes , they are often a lower level .
    Any recipe that is meant to be usable for everybody , well almost everybody ( you have to level up your tradskills to level 5 in
    this case ) .
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The actual reasons why these were done this way is as follows:

These recipes are set up exactly like the collector's edition furniture recipes from past expansions.
    • Level 2 artisan to scribe so everyone can make them, usually with 1 arm tied behind their back.
    • Level 40 materials so they are at least slightly more resource-intensive than using T1 resources (and T1-T3 resources tend to be massively used for events) while still allowing all TLE servers to make them as well.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well hello Niami :) <3

I am more curious why the recipe book for the Dhalgar house requires such high level materials ( Maldura ) and Thaumic
    sandpaper level 100 - 109 , but a level 2 crafter can craft the items .
    In contrast the newest house followes the usual patterns you just described Niami .

This must be a mistake .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, the Dhalgar recipes require Dhalgar components. Makes perfect sense. The level 2 requirement is to make them available to non crafters.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol you mean NO crafters , because on Kaladim we will never get those materials .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Errf, I thought this one was fixed ages ago to be TLE-friendly. I'm nudging to get it fixed to match the rest now.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Better?

• The Dhalgar Home Builder's Kit and the Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep prestige home can now be claimed by players on the TLE servers if they had purchased the Collector's or Premium Edition of the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion.
    • Recipes from the City of Mist Home Builder's Kit and the Dhalgar Home Builder's Kit have been modified to match other Collector's Edition building recipes. They will now use level 40 materials in order to make them more friendly to players on TLE servers going forward.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Good for the devs! :D

I still don't see quite why we need another 2 hours downtime this morning after the 6 or so we had just, when was it? oh, right...yesterday. X-P

I guess coming into work at 5 am on Stupid Wednesday (ask me how!) will do that to people... :-/

Uwk

P.S. Couldn't resist...

Years ago, the book They Have a Word For It speculated that since extreme environments do things to languages, in the future there will probably be specific words for describing new phenomena, like, say, L.A. traffic. Since I'm not a philologist, all I have to fall back on are adjectives:

Suicidal Monday = when everyone out there on the road seems to want to commit suicide, and wants YOU (the editorial, generic "you") to be the one to do it
    Counter-current Tuesday = more on that later; see Thursday and Friday below
    Stupid Wednesday = when everyone on the road (including you), driver, pedestrian, rider, skateboarder, etc. has their IQs lowered by 50 points or below 100, whichever is worse
    Constipated Thursday = when everyone on the road wants to cut in front of you and then go 20 miles/hour below the speed limit of 65 mph
    Hyper Friday = when everyone on the road wants to get behind you and try to go 20 miles/hour above the speed limit

So Counter-current Tuesday is when everyone in back of you wants to go 20 miles/hour above the speed limit and everyone in front of you wants to go 20 miles/hour below the speed limit (both of which, btw, are illegal, even in California [well, if you're going more than 15 miles/hour below the speed limit, you'd better have your safety blinkers on]).

The weekends, including Mondays of three-day weekends and often the Friday of Thanksgiving "weekend," are just plain Brainless. Brainless Saturday, Brainless Sunday (and/or Monday, Friday, whatever). When everyone else on the road other than those few who actually NEED TO GET SOMEWHERE decide, "Well, I ain't gonna go to work today, I can just leave my brain on the kitchen table! :D" It's really annoying. X-P --U.
    Breanna likes this.