New Food Drink Tests ( DPS )

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kickya, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Kickya Active Member

I went and tested my auto attack on an "Epic Training Dummy" (auto only ZERO CAs)
    "Tested by Matchsticks the Swashbucker on Freeport"

3 total tests with the level 100 handcrafted short duration stuff
    average DPS output 1.7mill dps

3 total tests with the new mastercrafted level 100 stuff
    average DPS output 1.6mill dps

This has to be due to the lack of Crit Chance or what ever.

Anyone care to do a similar test ?
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

prolly lack of crit chance, and lack of WDB as well.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

They put crit chance on the food and drink, currently on test. So it should be arriving shortly. Until then, don't bother, at least with the food. The drink was an upgrade for my warlock.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Kickya Active Member

Well Crit chance was added so I have repeated my test using my swashy Matchsticks

3 separate auto attack only on a training dummy AFTER 5 mins spent to max the proc of jewellery etc
    then same using the updated food and drink

Results show that my DPS using BOTH types are now almost the same
    before patch the new stuff was way worse and now its even

This may be due to my CC was almost 1000 with old and a fair bit over with the new
    If a characters CC was 800 or lower I would think the new stuff might be better however I have not tested it on a sub 800 CC alt but then again do I really want to use master crafted on one ?

Therefore I conclude that the new food is something I probably wont want to use due to the price compared to handcrafted

It is my opinion that Master Crafted Items Should be if anything slightly better than handcrafted
    and so for the T11 Provisioner Master Crafted food and drink it is NOT

I would assume these should have also has the Spell and Weapon damage bonuses added when they added CC
    furthermore they are STILL useless for ALL Tanks

Thanks but no thanks. :p