New Expansion?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dj000, May 22, 2014.

1. dj000 Member

A quick read of the forums shows a new expansion out soon...Now I am really torn. Have a long weekend without wife or kids and was planning on finally buying ToV and getting some serious gaming and drinking in this weekend.

Now I am wondering whether it is worthwhile to fork over the $40 plus All-Access at $15 to start playing again, knowing I'll be spending another $40 soon. I'm not poor, just cheap :)

Thoughts? Am I missing anything?
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The expansion isn't going to be out for at least 6 months. You may as well buy now and get gear/AAs so you can hit the new expac running.
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Exactly as posted above... expansions are usually out in late November, so you will get more than enough time out of your $40 worth of entertainment in ToV from now until then. ((It ends up costing you like 2 coffees a month from now til then to afford the expansion)). :)
  4. dj000 Member

Bleh...just realized I couldn't use PayPal for All-Access. I learned my lesson about giving SOE my credit card info...Guess I'll have to pick up some game cards later today :(
  5. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have CC issues with them... guess I'm lucky and have used the same CC for about 10 years of SOE gaming.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I think they were referring to the hack incident a year or two ago. Which is kind of moot since there are no actual verified cases of any CC fraud resulting from the leak.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you want to save a few bucks on ToV, wait until June, when it goes on sale and all the other bonuses kick in.

All Access members will receive the following bonuses and discounts:
    • Double-Double Etyma in Tears of Veeshan (4x the rewards)!
    • 25% XP Bonus
    • Tears of Veeshan Expansion discount (15%)
    • 25% Off Heroic Characters
    Free players also get some bonuses. They receive:
    • Double Etyma in Tears of Veeshan (2x the rewards)!
    • Also eligible for a Tears of Veeshan expansion discount (15%).
    source
    Charlice likes this.
  8. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Oh I know there were scares in incidents all over many companies through the years; just stating as you did, there is little to fear really. Many companies are quick to stop payments or refunds if there are any weird charges on cards these days.

Edit: And yes there are some savings coming some time in June if you can wait. You will get ToV for about $34.
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Have used the same credit card to pay for subscriptions since 1999, it has never been compromised nor has any personal information been obtained by the use of it, this is the only use for that card, it is not used for anything else. Seems pretty safe to me since my information HAS been compromised by other companies on other credit cards that I have.
  10. dj000 Member

Yeah. This weekend is my big window for playing since wife and kiddos will be gone for the holiday. I need to get some serious gaming and drinking in...Hate to fork over money when a sale is imminent.

And, yes, the credit card thing was the Sony hack from a year or so ago. I do pretty much everything on-line via PayPal for a little extra protection. Sure, it isn't 100%, but I hope it makes things a bit more secure. Just weird that you can buy stuff with bitcoin in online stores nowadays but no PayPal for SOE.
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

As a software developer who has had to endure first-hand dealings with PayPal APIs, it saddens me that you think PayPal is more secure. :p
    Feldon likes this.
  12. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Yeah you're CC company should give you much more protection and avenues to correct any misdealings in transactions.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They DO take PayPal now, but only for one-off purchases, like expansions and Station Cash.
  14. Estal Well-Known Member

Paypal is owned by ebay, ebay just recently admitted that they have been hacked...

Point is, SoE is no less secure than others, only way to really be save is to use prepaid credit cards.
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

The question is, is a $6 sale really worth waiting for? Your wife and kids will spend that in a few ice creams on their holiday.

Even $40 in the grand scheme of things is nothing. You'll probably spend that on alcohol drinking over the weekend.

I say buy it and enjoy your weekend.
  16. Pauly Well-Known Member

For maximum savings you could just come back in a few years.. by then ToV and the next expansion will be free and maybe even some more after that.... or you could play now.
    Regolas, Charlice and Feldon like this.
  17. Charlice Well-Known Member

Buy it now.
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

not really soon, november (it's when they always do expacs)
  19. SeroNarca New Member

I may be missing something, but cannot you get enough with the F2P option until the discount of June, or the release of the next expansion?