New Ethereal Armor

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Alts aren't actually SoL... once a toon has 3 pieces fully leveled, alts on that account can level their armor for free. They'll still need the intial 15 coins to buy the initial armor piece, but the upgrade bits will be free.
    If you CAN run two toons, it actually makes sense to level the armor on your alt.. so you'll have more coins on your main for the celestial scroll cases (and whatever comes out in waves 2 and 3)
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Morphius Member

Someone please tell me how taking a 15 Crit Bonus Overcap Hit to gain a few measly points in Potency is a good thing.
    And as far as the chest goes, the only thing that is increased from Planar leveling is Potency and Primary Attributes.
    Everything else is static.
    From a Raider's standpoint, the summer events has shown nothing of value so far.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's been stated, in discord at least, that the resolve will be 110 for lvl 5 armor. It will probably add some 'special' like last expac as well.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

If you examine the armour in game, it says resolve will increase by extra 20 at level 5.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

To max 3 pieces you need 825 astral currency, over the 133 days of the event thats 6.21 per day IF you don't miss any days. I play on IoR so heroic groups and PQ's aren't going to happen and from what i'm hearing the other servers are having serious tank issues. I understand that the (3 maxxed pieces) requirement is intended for a very select few in the game who dedicate themselves to the grind and have the connections to similar players, however to the vast majority of us players it just isn't going to happen.Only dedicated, well geared Tanks will find it easy.

Making the gear Heirloom in th epast has given some sense of hope to players with alts, but not this year. This year we're SOL from the start. So why bother?
    Zeddicious and Soara2 like this.
  6. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, and I am genuinely asking this, does this mean, you do all this stuff for a long time to get all the tokens you need, and can only use 3 pieces of this entire set, THEN in a few months, like in November, the levels will be increased by 10, to level 120... and new armor will drop that is going to be better than all this summer ethereal stuff. Because if I am reading this right, once the 3 pieces are leveled up, it will be at level 110 max stats, so 120, will end up being better in a few months?
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I never said that I agreed with their decision to not make the coins heirloom at the end of the expac. They haven't shared their reasons, and, consequently, all I see are the negatives.. both for players and dbg
    1) a bunch of extra coins on various toons in too small numbers to be useful
    2) main-changing is harder because the 'new mains' can't get the old gear
    3) loss of revenue from the IoR transfer to and from for eth coins, both during the summer and during the next expac

However, members can get up to 12 coins per day. At that rate, it takes 23 days of normal coins to get and fully upgrade a single piece of armor. The water PQ can be done by as few as 8 people. Event heroics work for the heroic quests, so even doing just water and fire EHs, which are short and easy, can get you coins. With double and triple coins events, getting the coins takes time, but isn't as impossible as you're suggesting. Yes, it does take an effort, but it's not something you have to do all in every day.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

Hello!!

Can any Confirm pls how much Resolve is Needed for the Expert Zones?
    We can get 12 Coins a Day / 1xPQ 1xSolo Zone any of the Zones and 4 from Expert Zones heroic, if member is double.

But the Trouble is for new or Return Player get the stats to run the Experts Zones.

if any can confirm something im happy to hear thx.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Finding groups on most servers for everyone except the few who are in top tier guilds is a process that takes hours and can end in frustration. 12 coins a day is a number that very few players could ever hope for, much less the 6+ average it takes to meet the minimum to get all 3 pieces leveled. You're right that it's not impossible, but at the very least it's improbable.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Dahakon Member

you'll want to aim for 2k resolve were possible as T1 experts require1600-1700+ and T2s want 1800-1900+ they would be rough guidelines to aim for tbh hence the 2k+ would cover you for them all.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Tupperbeast Active Member

thank you
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration if you are on IoR. We've spent the last 6 months moving characters back to AB from IoR.

And it is in no way as difficult to find a group here as you make it out to be...unless you are newly minted boosted toon with Myrist Chest armor. This is where I see the most frustration, unfortunately. And it is one the main reasons that new & returning players give up and move on.

But if you've done your due diligence on your character, then pugs are a thing again. And the PQ's I've participated in since Tuesday have been nearly full up.
    Soara2 and Mermut like this.
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You need 1910 resolve to normalize damage output and damage taken in T2 experts.

I have no idea where people are getting the 2k resolve idea from. That would be absolutely insane.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Zoe1 Member

I heard they are making the Ethereal armor level up with us to 120 next expansion, is that true or just a rumor?
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

They've said it would get a boost with the new expac, but not how much of a boost.
    Soara2, Breanna and Zoe1 like this.
  16. Zoe1 Member

Thank you so much!
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Soara2 and Kuulei like this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

What do you do to post stuff from Discord to make it look like this? Whenever I copy from there and paste it here, it's all jumbled.
    Soara2, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this info, as I have been perma-banned from discord :oops:
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Vokan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its a screen capture that is cropped. Could be wrong.
    Soara2, Beee and Dude like this.