New content I'd be overjoyed to test:

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Square Columns/Pillars/whatevers. In all the basic 1-100 and holiday recipes, though I'd love it if they were eventually also added to the Marketplace (like for Burnished Metal!), Loyalty Merchants, etc.

If they could add Triangle Blocks -- er, Tiles -- to the recipes, why not these (though I still miss having any Triangle Tiles on the Marketplace...sigh)? Make them the same heights as the Short and Tall (round) Columns, give them the same skins, and for convenience sake for the artists rendering them, make the length of a side, or the width across of the square cross-section (same thing), the same length of the round Column's diameter, with the same re-sizing options. Easier than trying to fit it inside the circle...

[IMG]
    Hell, I wouldn't fuss if we eventually got a 500 DBC book of such recipes that would include all the basics (no, I do NOT want to have to finish an entire faction line in a latest/greatest expansion zone to have to get it :mad:), and have next year's holiday books include those special skins. :)

Uwk
    Geroblue, Twyla and Spookypatrol like this.
  2. Spookypatrol Member

I am always in favor of more decorating options! I think square pillars would be a great addition. Right now the only way to get around it is to make your own using the square building blocks or the narrow dividers, but it's not really the same thing and doing it that way eats up much more building-block space.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've tried approximating such things using Railings of various sorts, and I can tell you right now: they HATE going vertical. You have to use Pitch instead of Roll in the Decorating Mode in a house, and woe betide anyone who gives it a full 90.00000000 degrees vertical, rather than something like 89.93750000, or it'll "dance" all over the place.

That's not too terrible an angle, since the computer will notice, but the human eye, usually not; if you have a lot of them, though, or need to make them the max. Scale, it will get noticed by viewers. :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! And I'd also like to see these in the City Festivals, too. :)

And, yes, on the Marketplace too, like how we can get the CF building blocks we neglected to (and Triangle Tiles there too, please?)... X-P

Uwk
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

is there any prelude event for the next expansion at all this time ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes. It's currently active on Beta, and slated to go live with the GU on the 12th.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they used to have an event on Live servers before, and there was never a mention for preorders either.
    I am totally confused, is this the annual expansion ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

No, the GU and the prelude are both being tested on Beta at the same time, and will both be launching on the 12th with the patch for GU123.

The expansion has yet to be officially announced or have any information released about it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

10. Denmum Developer

Not really all that weird, and more a normal happening. :) Twice-annual GUs are tested on beta. Since the expansion prelude event leading us towards expansion time is being released at the same time, it is being tested along with the GU on the beta server.
    Twyla, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Taled like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Denmum :) <3
    Looks like I should check this out, if I can get into Beta.