New Collection reward... awful

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Karagon, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Karagon Active Member

We helped one person to get it and....
    This collection is harder to obtain than two previous one.
    WHy the reward is so bad? Just a COPY of the proc we have already on several items (at least 3 as I can see now with similar proc, 10% worser....)
    For tanks and healers it is completely useless, as far as a lot of necks are much better (120 potency for healers after you get hit, or 100+ critical bonus or potency that drop from A LOT of nameds in raid if you stand near other people, etc...)

\aITEM 1108147178 932717123 0 0 0:[Torque of Ancient Feydwer]\/a

Can at least 55 critical bonus be also added to it? Or something like that? That proc really need to be reworked with that 3 waves of invisible collections, that spawn 3-2-1 in the zones... Most people would not ever get this with that system
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Suggestion:

3 Options for Reward:

DPS Option:
    Change the passive 55 potency to: passive 35pot 35cb.
    Change the +120 potency for offensive effects to + 75 pot and + 75 cb

Heal Option
    Change the passive 55 potency to: passive 35 pot 35cb
    Change the +120 potency for offensive effects to +40 pot and +40 cb to heals, permanently up.

Tank Option
    Change the passive 55 potency to: Passive 70CB, 5 Block Chance 5 Mitigation, 5 Max health, and 5 Dodge
    Change the +120 potency for offensive effects to 50% chance to have taunts doublecast, permanently up.
    Liou_Unrest likes this.
  3. Breta Well-Known Member

DBG if u actually opt for different rewards don't make them class specific so healers are not stuck with heal only item if they prefer dps.
  4. Hammdaddy Active Member

Merge all three, because if i have to pick a dps one and if i wanted a healing one for a different fight i'd be screwed.
  5. Canth Active Member

Let's not do this to healers. There are a number of offensive healers and I wouldn't wear that changed or unchanged as a fury. But I totally agree that it needs to be changed to match the difficulty of the collection series.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Healers have oft felt the frustrations of loot. I agree. Making a mild revision as a result.

Revised suggestions:

2 Options:

DPS/Heal Option:
    Change the passive 55 potency to: passive 35pot 35cb.
    Change the +120 potency for offensive abilities to + 75 pot and + 75 cb for offensive abilities
    Additional Effect for healers only: +40 pot and +40 cb to heals, permanently up when healer in heal stance.

Tank Option
    Change the passive 55 potency to: Passive 70CB, 5 Block Chance, 5 Mitigation, 5 Max Health, and 5 Dodge
    Change the +120 potency for offensive effects to 50% chance to have non-positional taunts Doublecast, permanently up.
  7. Vasco Active Member

Hope they take your advice and implement it, but it does seems like quite a bit of extra work for them.
  8. kluxor Well-Known Member

they didn't cut/paste the effect for one, they reworked the constant effect to be straight potency rather than just offensive attack increase which was probably done to make it healer friendly. Overall a solid upgrade to the finisher torque.

I agree with you about tanks though, add some mit/block chance like they did with the mithril ring and call it a day. Do the same for the halter too honestly
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

Offensive increasing items do not pet/swarm share. This item should be appealing more than to just a select few and the item is "meh" at best in its current form. You could just make Allied Strength with ~50+ pot/cb with 2 or more and 70-75+ pot/cb with 8 or more. It would replace an item that most should be wearing and you would gain all stats prior to 50% hp.

They should just add block or mitigation to it like the collection ring.
  10. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Based on the Halter and Mithril Ring, this reward is pretty poopie & not worth much effort or plat.

I dunno if I would add in so many different versions, but make the effect apply to both CB & Pot and beneficial/offensive abilities. Tweak the numbers accordingly if it makes the item stupidly OP (I don;t think it does). Also, add a str8 mit increase (6% or 7%) and maybe even some strikethru for the tanks that got mostly shafted on the Halter.

I don't see myself grinding for the shinies or buying any of them for this kind of reward, imo.
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

Gating things to heal stance is an awful idea, just make it gives passive 75% cb/pot, and 100% cb/pot under 50% (you get this with the base 75% as well).
    Breta likes this.
  12. Poufe New Member

I agree with hammdaddy, as is I would not wear this item, our Allied Strength / others kicks its *** all around, Just make it upgrade like hammdaddy said and add a unique effect to make it worthy of its's required involvement, maybe a chance to proc the effect to the group or even raid!