New Celebration Pack is a frustrating addition

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xulos, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Xulos Member

The new pack is 35 bucks instead of the old one that was 20 and all that changed is that they shoved in some more stuff for live players and a crafting station. I don't want to pay 15 bucks for a bunch of stuff I won't be able to use on TLE for a couple of years.

It would be great if they brought back the old pack or made a different one for TLE players that had a better value proposition.
    Siren likes this.
  2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I would pay for fluff stuff on Kaladim... station cash items are already flooded in the server, so why not a 60 slot bag, potions, appearance backpack, fluff mount for appearance, and of course, an appearance set of weapons, I would pay.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Xulos Member

I would also pay a similar amount for a TLE-focused pack.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the starter pack might interest you
    nvm they changed that one too
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Well, the celebration pack should have had a mount dumbed down to Kaladim stats. That's a bit frustrating at least.
    But yes, Kaladim is popular and according to my server list every day I login, the MOST popular next to Maj'Dul. Twice as popular as AB.
    I think they can make this work easy enough. Fluff is fluff, station cash has hundreds of my dollars. Why not more :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

And this is why the game turned to trash. People willing to pay for stuff rather than play for stuff.

"Oh, I can just pay $1.99 for a 60 slot bag and not have to play the game and work my way there. Ok."
    "Oh, I can just pay $14.99 and be level 95 and not have to play the game and work my way there. Ok."
    "Oh, I can just pay $5.99 and have raid level gear and not have to play the game and work my way there. Ok."
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  7. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I make a lot of money, I work hard. When I get in game, if there is a quested item that someone who has no job and no money quested 4 hours to get. I just paid $1.99 for the same item. We both win. That person gets the item for time spent, I get the item for money spent. It doesn't matter.
    When the fail starts happening is when my purchased item is statistically better than your quested item. Fluff is fluff and I'm a fan of it.
    The game has not turned to trash for this reason. Most people in my shoes who do spend money on station cash and the marketplace are people with jobs, and we can afford this. I can't spend 15 hours a day in front of the screen as much as I would like to, so I think it balances everything out.
    Now, if they offered me a BETTER version of something that you can NOT buy in game, then yes, everyone could be upset. I'm sorry, but my $15.00 purchase of really cool looking swords and a green flowing outfit does not make me a better player than one who can't afford to, or chooses not to spend their cash in game.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

We're on Kaladim... a server in which you need to pay for membership to access.. what is all the fuss about. Even if they didnt have the X for X items which by the way are really actually non existant, Cobalt crates are really the only thing i see beneficial at the moment on that marketplace, which is appearance armor + Status.... and even then i wouldnt spend my monthly cash on it. Now the cleebration pack in my opinion, yes little bit more expensive but has a few pretty neat things in it, you dont " NEED " them to progress, it's just an optional thing, only things of value i see in that pack are 1 the reason it's a little bit more expensive is the 10+ mount thing, which i find pretty cool. the forge and that merchant crate, sure u cant use that mount crate, but it's not a " Kaladim Exclusive pack " It's catering to both live players and Kaladim player's. I dont see a problem with it, especially since a few months ago everyone was a bit annoyed that on live, when they swapped a mount out for a new one, they had to re level it, im impressed they added some of the neat stuff, and for what, half a day or so of work..... It's got my vote, at least it's not a crate on which you have a 1% chance to get some super OP item and all the rest are dreadful.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You can pay to get masters that are not available in game on broker, pay to get more xp, pay to get 0% broker crates, pay to move faster, pay to get best available mounts and familiars not available in game (as was the case on FG with collector's expansion). Pay to get unique housing and house items, which is not fluff considering there is a dedicated tradeskill class for it and it impacts the usefulness of the carpenter class. It doesn't matter how much money you have, you are not entitled to the same achievements as someone that plays more and progresses ahead of you.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I'm impressed they disabled your vet rewards and then sold them back to you.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes exactly, that was an extremely greedy move.

Funny that it also worked lol
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

The only use of this pack is the instant lv 10 Mount Trainer for 35 USD

P2W and save half a year research time