New Carbonite Chainlink Gi is Awesome

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Novusod, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

It has been ages since there was a fully new Gi model and not just a reskin of the starter Gi that has been in game since release. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for making this.

I also like how it is not a single piece and any pants in the game can be paired with the other parts. Awesome work Covic and others.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Wulfebain Guest

As long as your not wearing that goofy looking hat
  3. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

Chest piece looks like a lampshade to me.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Not a fan. I'd like to see some non-gi monk gear.
  5. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

This isn't Monk gear. This is a Gi for all classes and players who like to wear this type of appearance. There are plenty of non-Gi items to wear in your appearance slots if that is what you are looking for.
  6. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Seriously. Forget wearing a lampshade, that outfit heads straight for the chandelier...
  7. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I like the hat 'cause it's funny. I like the top 'cause it's different. Even the pants and sleeves are interesting. I like it, too, that it's not a single suit piece but can mix with other stuff.
  8. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

The helm looks pretty good if mixed with other items but that is just me:
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

sorry but to me that chainmail Gi screams 'male stripper' to me.
  10. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Brook wrote:
    what the heck kinds of lampshades do you guys have? lol
    I'm also glad they finally put in something a bit different. This particular one doesn't really float my boat but I'm sure the barbarian heritage set I drooled over isn't everyone's cup of tea either. =)
    Now if we can see some sort of dark plate that isn't all skull covered or voidish...
  11. ARCHIVED-Pink_Poodle Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

What does it look like on females?
  13. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Basically the same as males. It has already been added to the SC store so you should be able to see what it looks like in the preview window.
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Understood. But there are very few 'character appropriate' non-gi armor for monks.
    I don't want my monk wearing plate or chain so I'm stuck with leather or cloth. And there isn't much to choose from.
    I'd like some other monkish options. For example, Guild Wars has this type of outfit that I'd pay a zillion dollars for in EQ2:
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Novusod wrote:
    What does it look like on non-SOGA models? -_-;;
  16. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Gravy wrote:
    The Eq2 graphics wouldn't likely support that level of detail with multi layered flaps and such. It would just look like a robe without sleaves.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Wow, that actually doesn't look bad. I like the hat's details.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

The chain bits on the side freely move, too. I was intentionally swinging around just to make them move, like a little girl swirling around to watch her dress and hair move.
  20. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Novusod wrote:
    The barbarian heritage crate was the first step they took at changing armor models.
    If you look at the "straps" holding the breastplate up on a female, you can see they stick out from the chest and shoulders of the player model.
    Those flaps will be quite doable. There'll be clipping likely however.