New BL class spell causing recast timer problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jbc1948, Feb 15, 2020.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

This is for as Monk spell but have been told by other people other classes are having the same problem. The new spell Flying Scissors have a 3m 50sec recast. If used it changes Roundhouse kick from a 5sec recast to a 3m50 sec recast.
    No idea if this is bug. If not the new spells should be tagged as a replacement for a spell.
    I know somebody will post that the new spell does more damage. True but way way less damage over time due to the recast timer differential.
    Navarre likes this.
  2. Navarre Member

I have the same problem for the Wizard. If I cast the new spell Let it Burn, it resets the reuse timer on my Solar Flare spell from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 minutes.
    jbc1948 likes this.
  3. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Checked My Conj. Unlike my Monk the spells effected are totally unalike Summoner Siphon effects Elemental Unity. The only thing they have in common it the spell icon
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I am not sure its a bug. Multiple classes have this "issue". I believe they want you to make an active choice on which spell you use. Let me demonstrate. Savage Beating (The new BL ability) and Rush for BLs share the same timer.

Savage Beating Expert will beat Rush Ancient in efficiency, but ONLY if the fight is longer than 50 seconds. So they are forcing you to think, will this mob die in less than 50 seconds or will it be a longer fight where the cooldown timer on Savage Beating makes it worth using and I will be able to get more casts off before the mob dies.

1 Savage Beating (Expert) = 5 Rush (Ancient) .

If you look at census, you can find the non discovered tiers of Savage Beating. At GM it will be worth using Savage Beating with a mob that is alive for 30 seconds (or 3 Rush cast), at Ancient that drops to always use Savage Beating and at Celestial its vastly stronger than any tier of Rush.

It might be a bug, it might be stupid but I am not entirely sure its not intended design and would like for a developer to chime in.
    Navarre and jbc1948 like this.
  5. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it's a bug or not but posted it here hoping for some clarity. There have been past spells that were tagged as an alternative to an existing spell.
    If this was the desired effect then the new spell should have been tagged with at least something to indicate which old spell was going to have its recast tied to the new one.
    Now that the problem is known really the only way of finding out it is to see what icon it matches. Or just pay and have buyers remorse until you get it up the Ancient or Celestial.
    So its either a bug or it's poor development.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

They want you to pay to upgrade these so that they're always worth casting. The only way to get past journeyman is through research.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

well, my conjuror spell will stay all the way down for sure. It destroys my gameplay. Mystic is another story between Bolster and Ancestral Bolster. It's the same spell with not the same buffs so choosing between the 2 isn't the same problem as with most classes/
    jbc1948 likes this.