New age warriors ????

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by dcarthemisstress, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Wintersolstice New Member

Hello. I am Corvan, the guild leader in New Age Warriors that deguilded the original poster. I would like to put an end to any mystery as to why it happened, at least to the extent that I feel it's necessary to post anything here. Dcarthe was the first member in New Age Warriors to be forcibly deguilded for conduct since August 11th of 2010. On the day I deguilded him, I sent him an in-game message clearly outlining why, a fact omitted from his original post. It had nothing to do with re-rolling a character, the state of the guild bank, or anything else mentioned so far in this thread. It was a conduct issue, he knows why, and it's not necessary for me to drag those details out here.

It is actually not easy to get deguilded from New Age Warriors. I'm going to mention how you can get deguilded, but I'm not going to tie one of those reasons to Dcarthe's particular situation, it is not necessary. I informed him via in-game mail the day and the moment that I did it. He elected to omit that I did so from his original post, and by so doing mischaracterized the situation in this thread, and that was his choice to do so. My members made me aware of the post when it was made. I read it and chose to ignore it. It is admirable and heart warming that my long-term members felt moved enough to comment on this post in defense of the guild. Now that the post has gone into the realm of conjecture and has raised questions in the eyes of the community, I sense that it's appropriate for me to step in and clarify.

Repeatedly flaunting the rule about cursing is one (people accidentally cursing isn't a reason to get deguilded, in those instances all I usually do is just say "language" as a reminder and that's the end of it, we move on). There is very little about the guild bank that is so precious that it would be necessary for me to feel motivated to deguild someone over it. It can all be replaced. If I felt someone was taking too much, I might mention something to the person, but we are a generous guild, we invite people to take from the bank, take it. The bank will just fill up again. If I look at the guild bank log and one person pretty much made away with the entire bank, then yes, I'd probably hit the remove button.

The second reason is behavior, and can range from repeatedly causing disturbances that specifically results in multiple complaints over time about a member to officer conduct. Even complaints by themselves are not generally a reason for deguilding. For the last complaint I had prior to the situation with Dcarthe I just sent an in-game message to the player's parent, who is also in the guild, and the kid's dad worked quickly and effectively to remedy that situation, no deguilding necessary.

The third is not logging in. It's stated in an in-game book that is on a counter in the guild hall that after 400 days, a person potentially can be removed. Even then there's no guarantee. We have several members currently serving their country overseas, and many of them have approached me to say hey, I'm about to be deployed and I don't know when I'm coming back, will I still be in the guild when I come back? The answer is a resounding Yes, you will still be in the guild when you get back. I put [do not remove] in the officer notes next to such players and they're fine, they're here until the end of time. Same too with the Christian missionaries in our guild that are currently in Indonesia who are not in a position to log on. They have been good friends and great guild members, and even if they never log on again, they will always have [do not remove] next to their names.

A fourth reason, and one that is not written down anywhere and that does NOT apply to Dcarthe is sexually approaching other players in the guild, especially minors. That pretty much earns an instant deguilding as well as a written letter to Sony, which I would hope would be the rule in every guild. Fortunately in the six years that I have been either an officer and/or guild leader with this guild we have not had that problem.

I apologize that this thread has gone on to the extent that it has and hope that this clarifies the situation to the extent that it must. We have a great guild with good people, and at our last all-hands meeting on September 21st of this year, not long after Dcarthe was deguilded, I stood up in front of my guild and flat out told them that a guild leader could not ask for a better group of people for guild members, and I meant it.

Thank you.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up. apparently the person doesn't know how to tell the truth. i tend to trust people to be honest when they are making a complaint, but i guess he thought no one would ever answer his allegations. I apologize if i said anything out of line and i agree you made the only decision you could have made under the circumstances. and yeah, i agree with your policies- they are good and fair- especially that fourth one.