New Adornment System

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Buffrat, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

So it's been awhile since this was implemented. So far, no one I have talked to even remotely likes the new system. It adds additional unnecessary clicks and the only time I've had it smart detect the item I want is when applying temp adorns. Is there an option/Can we get an option to disable it?
    Taivr, Tharrakor, Avahlynn and 9 others like this.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The whole point of a UI element is to make things simple, efficient and easy to use. This "upgrade" is counter-intuitive, bugged and so difficult to use, it's beyond a joke - with apologies to whichever Dev produced it :rolleyes:

if you really needed to change it, wouldn't have been easy to make it so that I could simply drag an adornment over an item slot on the character window and then pop up a message along the lines of "Are your sure you want to apply adornment X to item Y" with a YES/NO or OK/CANCEL option.

I experienced the pain of this "enhancement" for the first time, yesterday when had the pain of applying a full set of adornments to a new heroic character. What used to be a 5 minute job, took nearly 25 minutes - plus a 5 min break to go for caffeine refill - because I was that frustrated. :mad:

+1 for an option to disable this.
    Pohondo, Tharrakor and Feldon like this.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I think this system does not accomplish what it set out to do (which, I assume, was to simplify the process of adorning) and we should be able to disable it. I do think that it could be a valuable tool if the interface was improved and became more efficient than what it was intended to replace.

In the meantime, it would be cool to be able to sort adornments by the slots they could go in to. Maybe on the broker at least.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Really? It took you an extra 20 minutes to click the manually add button on the bottom.
    It's 1...extra...click....to close that screen and go back to the old manual way.

People complain about some of the stupidest little things...

Log into account management, close your account, go buy a Nintendo 3DS instead.
    Karsa and Daalilama like this.
  5. Buffrat Well-Known Member

(Double) Click Adornment, Click Item, Click Confirm.

became

(Double) Click Adornment, Click 3rd Option, Click Okay, Click Item, Click Confirm.

So technically it's two extra clicks. And even if the item you were trying to adorn DID show up in the window, it's still an extra click over the old way.
    Taivr and Tharrakor like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd almost rather see the inventory window go EQ2U style, where the adorns were given a little colour code beside the slot. That way you double click adornment, click slot on character window, done.
    Taivr, flameweaver and Feldon like this.
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I would humbly request that a Dev do the following:

A) Magically create a Level 95 Character
    B) Magically create a full set of armor
    C) Magically create 60 white adornments of critical chance.
    D) Manually, the way us mere mortals would, apply all 60 adornments, using the 'new' interface.

Additionally:

A) Put a piece of gear in your bags.
    B) *Right next to it*, put two white adorns, and one purple adorn.
    (This is what happens when you Gem an item. The adorns pop off, and all three line up in your bags)
    C) Right click an adorn, select Use. Move the mouse all of 10 pixels to the right over the target item, and click.
    D) In the old interface, you'd be done. Try to understand why it's so annoying to not be done, and have to go down and select manual, and then go back to the item with the mouse.
    E) Rinse/repeat for the other two adorns.
    Tharrakor, Tylia, Crychtonn and 4 others like this.
  8. Ketu Member

I appreciate the effort that went into developing the new system but it definitely needs to be refined or made optional.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

How about... pick an adornment and all the slots that can take that adornment get a white border. Items with an EMPTY slot that can take that adornment would get a yellow border. Idea from Dragon's Armory. ;)
  10. Droll Active Member

Killit with fire please.

If it's not gone by tuesday, I drive to Miramar and release a herd of aggitated skunks in the employee lot.
  11. Coriel Active Member

I concur with Buffrat - extra clicks are bad to start with.
    Then, the smart detection isn't smart enough (Shouldn't items with empty adornment slots be prioritized over already adorned ones? That's just one example.)
    Additionally, I think the adornment pop up window is way too large. It needs to be sized down (something the UI modders will probably do soon) AND it needs to "remember" its position on screen after the player has moved it. With my personal UI setup the "ok" button of the adornment pop up conflicts with another window that I set to not be clickthrough, quite annoying I tell you.

An option to disable would be awesome and probably the easiest fix for now.
    Feldon likes this.
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't remember anyone asking for this feature either.

Then again, i don't remember asking for the ability to reset individual AA trees to be taken away and we've been living with that clusterfrack for ages now.
    Taivr and Avahlynn like this.
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah the adornment feature. Not good. Please make it go away, I want simple again.
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. It is not very user friendly at all. It was fine just the way it was before in my opinion. The UI interface that is used right now can not possibly hold all of the options available for player items. It's a pain to have to go through that extra window. I just click manually add adornments anyways like most people probably do. I don't think that window has EVER shown me the proper item i want to adorn. In fact that window is pretty useless because when you click the item to use it on in that window it brings up the previous interface that was used.

My vote is to remove it. It has made things too cumbersome.
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Wintir Active Member

I totally agree with Buffrat....hate it...bow-koo.
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Arieste Well-Known Member

I came across something that helps clarify what people are saying here about the adorn system.

[IMG]
    Stealthmode, Pohondo, Taivr and 3 others like this.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This is likely the face all of us made the first time we saw the new system. I know I did. I was standing in Vesspyr when windows popped up and all this jazz about this adorn here or there, and what the heck gimmee back my real adorn system naow.
    Stealthmode and Feldon like this.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Good and simple!
    Stealthmode and Feldon like this.
  19. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Just like having to drag and drop etyma or special currency into your bags before the shared bank, this new system was probably created to combat some duping or exploit going on with adornments, LOL. Never underestimate the cheaters in Norrath.
  20. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I give this an A for effort, but would really like the option to disable it and go back to the old method of adorning.
    I wish this effort had been spent on "vend all trash" instead. ;)