New ability focus ( returning from 3 year break)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-Lokidain, May 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lokidain Guest

Hello...sorry if I'm asking something that has been asked before..but. I am a returning assassin. I have not played in 3 years. I have read a few things about ability modifiers. Am I right in understanding that AGI is now the main stat for combat including damage? Does that mean STR only affects carrying capacity now? Do I need to rework my gear to emphasize AGI more so than I did before? And the blue ability modifier (i.e. My main weapon says ability modifier +25) what exactly does that do for me? I read the official dev post and didnt not quite understand. Thanks in advance for any responses and I'm sorry if I'm asking something silly.. The game has changed quite a darn bit in the last 3 years :)
  2. ARCHIVED-loramil Guest

You are correct... For all Scout classes, STR is just how much you can carry...
    AGI is now your primay stat for power as well as damage.
    The Blue Ability modifiers are SOE's consolidation of +Heal, +Damage abilities, etc...
    So a +25 Ability modifier would mean that any direct damage CA would do 25 more points of damage and any DOT CA's would do +25 on the first hit.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lokidain Guest

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I appreciate it, that answered my question. Guess its time to spend the plat that was sitting in my bank for 3 years :p