New 85 character: a few non-standard questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kagasuki, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Kagasuki New Member

Hi, I am coming in to try out the level 85 characters, but I have a few questions not related to which class is most powerful!

First, where is the main gathering population area where people hang out most? I don't know where things are yet, but I can probably figure it out as long as I have a zone or city name. I like to know where the social hub is.

Secondly, can neutral races go into any city? Or are they limited? What about neutral race necromancers?

Thirdly, are there training dummies around where I can practice my spells to learn them a little? I also plan to go find creatures much lower than myself initially, to practice casting. However training dummies would help a lot.

Thank you!
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Right now most of the new 85's are congregated in the Great Divide (zone they start in) at least on Everfrost. Older players tend to spend a lot of time in their guild hall.

Second point, no. When you create a character you may be a neutral race, but your choice of startng city and/or class determine your actual alignment. Certain classes are good/evil all the neutral race means is that they can play any class and choose any of the starting cities if they choose a neutral class as well.

Third. Yes there are player guilds that CAN have training dummies as an amenity (most do).

Hope that helps, and I am sure others will help as well.
  3. Eressa Member

Gorowyn is pretty easygoing as far as cities go. They don't KOS anyone that I've seen, they happily let everything bank and use broker and vendors. Might have to go back to your home city to deal with a class trainer if you're good aligned, but Gorowyn is definitely "evil in name only".